I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @emateosg It's all about diversity... #, 5 hours ago
- Can't beat ending a New York City run right in the center of it all. @ Times square (red stairs) http://t.co/6ZG0cclDFa #, 6 hours ago
- After a lot of exercise around photo store (and exercise for my credit card), decided to replenish. http://t.co/YUQbxDoqPP #, 20 hours ago
- Love being able to stop into B&H when in NYC. Crazy fun for photography lovers. http://t.co/pP7umG8YOt #, 22 hours ago
- A Roodepoort, South Africa Runaround: A look at my run from last night (plus the crazy yelling man on my flight): http://t.co/xi45yfFiBB #, 23 hours ago
- First Look At The Névo Activity Tracker Watch: It's a minimalist smart watch that tracks runs and swims (and more): http://t.co/ke5veWoPa8 #, 23 hours ago
- @snowpong @marco_alt None capable of measuring it today. Some get close via estimation & guessing, but results can vary widely run to run. #, Dec 17
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Giveaway
(Some of you may have seen me post this photo on Facebook back a few weeks ago…hence, the origins of this post) It’s been building up for a while now, and now it’s time. Perhaps, way overtime. Either way – … Read More Here
Today’s the last day of August, which in my mind means it’s regrettably the end of summer. I know that technically summer doesn’t end until later in September – but since everyone considers September as ‘Fall’, that means that today … Read More Here
Thanks all for entering the Wahoo Fitness ANT+ Bike Case and Run Package giveaways. More importantly, thanks for sharing your hilarious wedding stories – just shy of 500 of them! All of them hilarious! Going into the crazy hectic of … Read More Here
Thanks all for the awesome entries in the FR310XT giveaway. There’s literally over a thousand hilarious stories in there. Everything from folks running over into a canal while watching ‘cute girls’, to endless cycling dismount failures, to quality time spent … Read More Here
Because it’s almost Cherry Blossom time here in DC (one more week!). Because you’re probably contemplating getting back outdoors for workouts (except you lucky fools in Hawaii, you don’t count). Because it’s pretty…and maybe just a little bit because you … Read More Here
I was approached yesterday by the folks from Salonpas to giveaway a Boston Marathon registration slot to anyone who wanted it (including yours truly). Yup – you heard that right: A pre-paid entry slot to the Boston Marathon. Given I’ve … Read More Here