I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @nealrogers: Been a while since synthetic testosterone was in the news…. here’s a quick refresher, from almost exactly 9 years ago http://t.co/l0OiVAYLtU #, 3 hours ago
- @LaycockAlan See today's post... #, 6 hours ago
- @sbutler66 I'd hope so. #, 6 hours ago
- @nobotak It's not. #, 7 hours ago
- RT @SSbike: Danielson news is huge; let's hope team doesn't stop over one rider. JV suggested before it might http://t.co/3qfzV54O1J #, 8 hours ago
- @dustwitman Err, meant @powertapped #, 19 hours ago
- @t3chn3rd Yup indeed. I've almost done it a few other times, but wasn't really sure folks would find it interesting. Cool stuff though. #, 19 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Interbike
There were/are very few non-bike vendors at Interbike that actually show up at BOTH the Outdoor Demo, and the Indoor Expo. In fact, I think PowerAde was probably about the only other one. But perhaps that shows something about the … Read More Here
If you were following my Tweets this past weekend, you know that things weren’t quite all rosy in Las Vegas for me. Shortly after wrapping up my week-long wandering of the Interbike floor, The Girl and I headed out for … Read More Here
One of the great things about Interbike is the ability to sit down with engineers and product folks about their products and have a good chat. While some companies shy away from having their top engineers show up at trade … Read More Here
Back in July RacerMate announced a complete overhaul of their existing CompuTrainer software, which came in multiple pieces. The new software suite – dubbed RacerMate One – would integrate all of the existing software components together under one roof, while … Read More Here
I had a bit of time to spend with the guys from CylceOps and the Joule. This would be the first time I’ve had a chance to get hands on with it, and I must say – I’m pretty impressed. … Read More Here
Note: Please see in depth post on Vector “Everything you ever wanted to know about the Garmin Vector pedal based power meter” posted here (it’s a whole lot more detailed and in depth, and includes comprehensive Q&A with the Garmin … Read More Here
I should preface this by saying that before last night I knew just about nothing about Cyclocross…well, except that it involves bikes, obstacles and occasional running. So I suppose in many ways it’s kinda like triathlon – though without the … Read More Here
Power Meter manufacturer Quarq made a number of announcements on Wednesday related to power meters, so let’s get into the quick recap: 1) Introduction of a mountain bike power meter unit 2) Announced upcoming compatibility of Cinqo’s with SRM Power … Read More Here
When Interbike moves to Anaheim next year in August, I’m fairly certain the attendees won’t find anything like the below. That’s unfortunate, as I think it’s scenes like this that really make Interbike a truly unique event – something different … Read More Here