I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @chrisoldroyd Yup! #, 13 hours ago
- Don't forget - the DCR Fenix3 Giveaway ends later today. Be sure you've got your entry in! http://t.co/007KLareUY #, 14 hours ago
- The North Huvadhoo Atoll (Maldives) Swimaround: Here's a more detailed look at my island loop: http://t.co/2qVPjmrArK #, 18 hours ago
- @diabbolo Still enjoying the sun...for another hour as it sets. #, 19 hours ago
- @diabbolo Just made some minor changes that should help loading. Can you try again? Sorry! #, 19 hours ago
- @jonny_smash Sounds like the magnet is just a tiny bit out of alignment so that every once in a while it misses reading. Slide it 1mm closer #, 19 hours ago
- @pilotHans Weird. Entrants coming in every minute or two. What browser? #, Apr 27
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Sharks
(If you’re just joining me, start back at the first part of the two-part series) While Bora Bora is certainly about sun and sand, we did spend a fair bit of time doing lots of non-beach chair items. Sometimes for … Read More Here
This weekend started with a short 45 minute flight up to New York City for the NYC Urbanathlon. This is the race series I’ve been doing as part of my partnership with Men’s Health Magazine. Of course, before we picked … Read More Here
It’s Shark Week time for those of us watching Discovery Channel. Unfortunately for me, my hotel room doesn’t have the Discovery Channel (and I haven’t been in it much anyway) – but once I return home you can bet the … Read More Here
The biggest triathlon event in the DC area – and one of the biggest in the nation/world is just a few days away. The Nation’s Triathlon will kickoff this Sunday with 4,000-6,000 athletes on a redesigned course that takes you … Read More Here
Back a few months ago while following the Underwater Thrills blog, I saw a story about a Whale Shark research program in the Maldives. After a bit of poking around, it turned out the program is partially supported by the … Read More Here
Given the Maldives are a collection of tiny islands in a vast ocean, you spend the majority of your time in or around the water. The good news is…I like the water. The bad news is that there isn’t enough … Read More Here