I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @KeithWakeham: Sounds like while I was away ANT+ got "enabled" on the Nexus 5 (same chipset as galaxy S4) https://t.co/UacNQuizrV #, 19 mins ago
- @muZZkat For indoors? The Garmin Swim is pretty much the best out there (single use). #, 2 hours ago
- @NathanJSimpson Generally yes, though, I still wish it had a protected pocket. Thankfully, The Girl is crafty and will solve that for me. #, 13 hours ago
- @_chrisosborn Yup! And it's combinable with the Clever Training 10% DCR discount too. ;) #, 17 hours ago
- 5 Random Things I Did This Weekend: From riding loops around the Louvre, to runs into the hills...and of course food! http://t.co/bVbsDtscz5 #, 20 hours ago
- @jaxn @gpstracklog I'm referring to the pins/band, which is what the lawsuit is about. #, 23 hours ago
- @jaxn @gpstracklog Sorta odd, because the pins issue was addressed pretty early on, and Garmin supports swaps out units still (for free). #, 23 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2013 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Sharks
(If you’re just joining me, start back at the first part of the two-part series) While Bora Bora is certainly about sun and sand, we did spend a fair bit of time doing lots of non-beach chair items. Sometimes for … Read More Here
This weekend started with a short 45 minute flight up to New York City for the NYC Urbanathlon. This is the race series I’ve been doing as part of my partnership with Men’s Health Magazine. Of course, before we picked … Read More Here
It’s Shark Week time for those of us watching Discovery Channel. Unfortunately for me, my hotel room doesn’t have the Discovery Channel (and I haven’t been in it much anyway) – but once I return home you can bet the … Read More Here
The biggest triathlon event in the DC area – and one of the biggest in the nation/world is just a few days away. The Nation’s Triathlon will kickoff this Sunday with 4,000-6,000 athletes on a redesigned course that takes you … Read More Here
Back a few months ago while following the Underwater Thrills blog, I saw a story about a Whale Shark research program in the Maldives. After a bit of poking around, it turned out the program is partially supported by the … Read More Here
Given the Maldives are a collection of tiny islands in a vast ocean, you spend the majority of your time in or around the water. The good news is…I like the water. The bad news is that there isn’t enough … Read More Here