I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- .@abussey1 @NickCameron She's more low-budget. Two little $5 sparkly pink Fitbit Flex bands she ordered were in that box. Happy camper. :) #, 41 mins ago
- @NickCameron @abussey1 The power meters alone would eat through that... #, 56 mins ago
- RT @NickCameron: I seriously feel like purchasing everything @dcrainmakerblog reviews. You have become an expensive habit and I love it. #, 2 hours ago
- @PreachSwanson It does. Though, unfortunately I don't just get to tear open the box! Always a gazillion photos involved. #, 3 hours ago
- Also arrived today... Kodak 360* action cam, Zeal HD2 ski goggles, Sony Smartwatch3, and Velocomputer sensors. http://t.co/kuDpsCX0Ws #, 3 hours ago
- It actually exists: The FR920XT quick release kit. Just in time for...umm...polar bear swims? http://t.co/vn36ijWX8a #, 3 hours ago
- The (massive) Winter 2014-2015 Trainer App In-Depth Guide: Just about every app out there in one huge guide: http://t.co/upZsj9uFSz #, 10 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Kickstarter
Each week I typically highlight a handful of crowd-funded projects within my ‘Week in Review’ series. These projects are almost always sports and fitness related, as that’s where most of my interest lies. In the case of these projects, the … Read More Here
It’s funny, as a general rule, I don’t like writing about Kickstarter projects where I haven’t seen or touched the product hands-on. I think that introduces too much risk where people assume that because I write about it, it’s a … Read More Here
(Quick Giveaway Extravaganza Note: First, I’m not giving away a Sensoria system, back to normal posts :). Second, winners will be announced sometime today (Thursday), as I’m working through cleaning up any duplicates and picking the winners. Thanks for the … Read More Here
NOTE: This product has since been released, and I’ve in turn published a full in-depth review of it here. Late last week I got a chance to try out the new Mio Alpha watch, which is a strapless heart rate … Read More Here
Last night, I had the chance to run with a recently announced Kickstarter watch. Now, I’m going to save my first look thoughts about the Mio Alpha for Tuesday, but based on some of the Twitter traffic after I tweeted … Read More Here
There are numerous iPhone and cell phone bike mounting kits out there on the market today. They range in price from under $10 to nearly $1,000 (yup, really). Their capabilities, functionality an easy of use have just as extreme of … Read More Here