I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Ever wondered how I choose which products I end up reviewing? Read on! http://t.co/IEFdSEyR4l #, 12 hours ago
- @RayKiro Just about to takeoff on AF6 to JFK instead, about 4.5 hours later, 4:30-5PM due to more delays. But, AF staff has been awesome. #, 14 hours ago
- @joneames It's common for many people to have higher wattages outside than inside. Many human factors at play. #, 14 hours ago
- @joneames Angles not really. Even Garmin pro team sometimes has it funky. Vector team confirmed ok. It's torque + calibration that's key. #, 15 hours ago
- @CTSedationDMD CDG. But already rebooked at waiting at gate for new flight. Leaves in about an hour, arrives 4hrs later than planned. #, 15 hours ago
- I think this is the first time in millions of flown miles I've had a cancelled transpacific/Atlantic flight. Not our @united day today. :/ #, 16 hours ago
- RT @ajmooseman: Off out on the bike @dcrainmakerblog style. Garmin 500 Garmin 910 endomondo on mobile and new @MioGlobal Link #testing #, 16 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2013 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve received a number of questions from those interested in completing their first triathlon this season. While much of what I write here tends to be geared towards the more advanced athlete, it’s time to … Read More Here
Note from Ray: Here’s the second part of ITU Pro Triathlete and friend Lindsey Jerdonek’s experience with using an altitude tent ahead of her first ITU World Cup race. If you’re not familiar with how ITU racing differs from age … Read More Here
This seasons mid-week brick workouts started quite a while ago, probably about two or so months now that I think about it. Technically speaking I actually have two brick workouts a week. The second one attached to my long ride, … Read More Here
In addition to racing this past weekend, I also became a new USAT Certified Official Referee. The process involves wading through an extensive 91 page manual (very in depth by the way, but also fairly well written and easy to … Read More Here
If you’ve been around the triathlon block a few times, you probably already know that the official ‘Ironman’ name and race series is actually a trademarked asset of the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). As such, no other races may call … Read More Here
A few weeks back, the World Triathlon Corporation (owners of Ironman and 70.3 races) announced that it would be increasing and expanding it’s programs around drug testing. However, it’s the follow little snippet that caught everyone’s attention: “Additionally, a Registered … Read More Here
I was chatting with the coach the other day and noted that one of my goals for 2009 is to really improve on my run off the bike. I can run quite well independent of a triathlon, but my runs … Read More Here