I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @eggsforsupper Yup. #, 4 hours ago
- Spent about 8 hrs today on the side of mountain doing all assortment of riding, photos, video, and just having fun. https://t.co/K2u48X5uCu #, 4 hours ago
- @RayKiro Yeah, not a strong showing lately. Need to go back to the good-old days of carry-on. #, 4 hours ago
- Ever wonder how they manufacturer power meters? No problem! Behind the Scenes at Quarq HQ: https://t.co/v7G731sQHT https://t.co/ZthP01r81B #, 4 hours ago
- @mjulianb You need to ensure you enable dual-sheeting. It's like GLONASS for toilet paper. #, 9 hours ago
- RT @TRS_tri: Check out this new episode of The @dcrainmakerblog Podcast. Power meter price drops, new additions & more. https://t.co/UiQEVGw0u2 #, 9 hours ago
- @halfrust @frank1e @UKCycleChat @UkTriChat @UKRunChat I think you may be able to grab from Garmin device (the route file), then import in. #, 22 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Photo of the day
Earlier this week The Girl and I made our sorta-annual trek to pickup a Christmas tree at the nearby market. The first year we returned home via Velib (the bike share system). Last year, we ended up walking it home. … Read More Here
It’s been a long time since the last ‘Photo of the day’ post, which have historically almost always been on Friday’s. But earlier this week when we turned the bend on a tiny coastal road in Northern Newfoundland, I knew … Read More Here
Time for a photo of the day. It’s been a while, and Friday seems like the perfect time for it! Tonight I went out for a 10-mile run. It was a simple affair: 5 miles at a Z2 heart rate, … Read More Here
Earlier this week a reader sent me over a note letting me know that my favorite friend – Mr. Duck – was featured alongside me in the Polar Bear Plunge brochures that are now found in countless stores around the … Read More Here
Last weekend while bumbling around at the northern of the two Paris beach areas, I caught sight of three people racing across the canal’s watery mass…on bikes. At first glance, it would be an aquatic race – but then upon … Read More Here
On Wednesday, while watching the Women’s Olympic time-trial event, I saw a tweet from the guys over at NY Velocity noting that Britain’s 2008 Olympic Silver medalist Emma Pooley had her Garmin Edge 500 oriented in a rather peculiar position. … Read More Here