I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
- What are you favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Step by step tutorial: How to download free maps to your Garmin Edge 705/800/810: http://t.co/5I9WERf58o #, 28 mins ago
- @dkhach You can share, though no separate user profile concept. But only thing impacted is calorie counts. #, 10 hours ago
- RT @paulbarny: Kansas 5150 had NO @usatriathlon official at the race. That's like having no referee at a football game. Amateur hour! @PROT… #, 13 hours ago
- @urtonbay I generally feel like getting in the post-run nutrition within the recommended 15 minutes has greater impact. #, 16 hours ago
- RT @fatcyclist: The danger of wearing a camelbak, no shirt, and no sunscreen. http://t.co/ktEJrkdfPh #, 16 hours ago
- @jgarpotter Yeah, shipping is flat-rate at $29, so just import taxes. Someone did the math in there in the comments I believe. #, 16 hours ago
- @urtonbay Yup, tried it. Absolutely miserable. In a good way though, but still miserable. :) #, 16 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2012) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2012 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Garmin Connect
Earlier this week, Garmin introduced a new bit of functionality to their existing Garmin Fit iPhone/Android app. This is the app that uses their Garmin Fit iPhone adapter to access ANT+ data. It came out last fall, and for the … Read More Here
DC Rainmaker Review Updates: Got two items of note today for you. First, the most important one (ok, that’s probably debatable). Over the past week I’ve been slowly chipping away at adding in a bunch of updates to the FR910XT … Read More Here
On a daily basis I see and hear questions on it: “When is Google Maps coming back to Garmin Connect!” And Garmin was hearing it as well. Trust me, oh did they ever. By ‘hearing it’, I mean that every … Read More Here
I mentioned last week in my Garmin update post around Vector and new watches that I had one more item of note from Garmin, but needed to wait to more to discuss it. So this is really more of a … Read More Here
[Note: If you’re looking for my In Depth Swimsense Review – you’ll want to mosey on over there.] I’ve got just a few minutes before my flight takes off, so before they get into the final boarding calls I wanted … Read More Here
I spent a bit of time this evening listening to the Garmin 3rd quarter earnings call. The primary reason is that often times companies will either purposefully or inadvertently release tiny snippets of information via these calls. In many cases, … Read More Here