I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @mcwm: Why does my washing machine need a TV Samsung needs to calm down https://t.co/U8s78P8A9O #, 18 mins ago
- @DisrunnerK @ShineOnBridget Here's how to fix the chaffing issue: https://t.co/acL77t6veq #, 35 mins ago
- @clarkweber Dang, that's super-cool. Albeit a wee bit pricey. But...very cool. #, 3 hours ago
- Week in Review: From running across Iran solo, to 'GoPro care', Floyd Landis selling pot, and solid clearance sales: https://t.co/4V5fZ8zP9J #, 3 hours ago
- RT @clarkweber: Finally... GoPro is embracing bike mounts. This 1 is a goodie. Introducing Pro Handlebar / Seatpost / Pole Mount https://t.co/rN9zB3kha6 #, 6 hours ago
- @pauljbarton @akiraoc Do you regularly use HR strap (or if optical then nevermind)? And how long have you had unit? #,
- RT @PolarGlobal: Attention Flow users! Unfortunately the issues with syncing to Flow are still ongoing. We are working towards a fix. Sorry for the delay #,
Tag Archives: Garmin Connect
This past week Garmin not only launched a slew of new devices, but perhaps more importantly – launched availability of the first portions for Connect IQ. Garmin Connect IQ is the application development platform for newer Garmin wearables that enables … Read More Here
This past weekend SportTracks enabled support for automatic sync with Garmin Connect. This rounds out the ‘big three’ when it comes to endurance athlete sites and Garmin Connect Auto Sync (including Training Peaks and Strava). There are of course other … Read More Here
Today, Strava along with MapMyFitness and Endomondo have announced automatic sync with Garmin Connect. This means that your activities will now (or soon in some cases) automatically show up on those three platforms, should you choose to enable it. Some … Read More Here
Lots of Garmin Updates: FR620 gets cycling mode, AutoSync with MyFitnessPal, full Fenix lineup support for Android
Over the past few days Garmin has released a flurry of updates for a bunch of very different fitness devices. I’m going to briefly go through each update below, since these updates are probably the most wanted updates folks have … Read More Here
Today, Training Peaks has announced and enabled the ability for your Garmin workouts to automatically appear in Training Peaks within about 10-seconds of you completing the workout. This means that for any Bluetooth/WiFi enabled Garmin devices, you’ll be able to … Read More Here
This morning’s announcement by Garmin of their Garmin Sync rollout is one that’s been long in the making – starting in earnest much earlier this year. The culmination of that effort arrived today with direct synchronization to TrainingPeaks and runcoach. … Read More Here
With the rise of connected devices that automatically upload your rides and runs upon completion to Garmin Connect, there’s been a corresponding rise in usage of 3rd party sites that synchronize that data to other training log platforms such as … Read More Here
Despite having lived in Paris almost a year now, I’ve rarely cycled outside of my little set of known routes and locales. Partly because the weather has been so bad this winter that I spent a lot of it on … Read More Here
Earlier this week, Garmin introduced a new bit of functionality to their existing Garmin Fit iPhone/Android app. This is the app that uses their Garmin Fit iPhone adapter to access ANT+ data. It came out last fall, and for the … Read More Here
DC Rainmaker Review Updates: Got two items of note today for you. First, the most important one (ok, that’s probably debatable). Over the past week I’ve been slowly chipping away at adding in a bunch of updates to the FR910XT … Read More Here
On a daily basis I see and hear questions on it: “When is Google Maps coming back to Garmin Connect!” And Garmin was hearing it as well. Trust me, oh did they ever. By ‘hearing it’, I mean that every … Read More Here
I mentioned last week in my Garmin update post around Vector and new watches that I had one more item of note from Garmin, but needed to wait to more to discuss it. So this is really more of a … Read More Here
[Note: If you’re looking for my In Depth Swimsense Review – you’ll want to mosey on over there.] I’ve got just a few minutes before my flight takes off, so before they get into the final boarding calls I wanted … Read More Here
I spent a bit of time this evening listening to the Garmin 3rd quarter earnings call. The primary reason is that often times companies will either purposefully or inadvertently release tiny snippets of information via these calls. In many cases, … Read More Here