I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10WHP) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Pretty nice place for transition area. Well, the second transition area, the first is thousands of feet lower. http://t.co/KQKkhOjXN8 #, 2 hours ago
- @davidzof dang! #, 14 hours ago
- @haukaasa I've done full IM's (and many half's), but too busy with work to train for a full right now. Too much travel (almost weekly). #, 16 hours ago
- @davidzof Really? It's colder, but I wouldn't have thought that cold. Just ran in t-shirt/shorts. #, 16 hours ago
- At Alpe d'Huez tri (~half-iron), many folks are still streaming in coming up on 10hrs. Glad doing Oly variant tmrw. http://t.co/n0JqTmhdVO #, 18 hours ago
- @YoungCowperwood @jakobh888 @FL600 @BrianDrought Yes, I've tested that - but same limitation with no swim lap/stroke/RTC metrics. #, 24 hours ago
- RT @EnduroPacks: What to look for when deciding on hiring a coach. Advise from @dcrainmakerblog http://t.co/ZT0x9dnj9O #coaching #triathlon #, Jul 30
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Clever Training
******[Update: Please note this deal is now expired!]****** As I promised almost exactly one year ago when I announced the Clever Training partnership, I’d only make a full-on post about something deal-related when it was a massive deal. Thus this … Read More Here
August 1st, 2013 – please note: This deal is now expired. Thanks for supporting the site! Just a quick heads up that Clever Training worked out a deal to offer exclusively to DC Rainmaker readers to pickup the Garmin Edge … Read More Here
Let me just put this out up front: This is without question the most significant sports technology gadget sale I’ve seen since starting the blog some 5-6 years ago. No Thanksgiving Black Friday, Christmas, or Festivus deals … Read More Here
Administrivia: Deal on Garmin FR110, update to Clever Training coupon code, and consolidated support page
After running the marathon Sunday, then running straight to the airport Sunday night, then up early again for another long-haul 10hr flight (this) Monday morning, and then doing booth duty for 3hrs upon landing…I’m pooped. So, we’ll keep this short … Read More Here
Summary: You get a 10% discount on everything that Clever Training sells with discount code DCR10WHP, and free US shipping. Update: As of May 6th, 2014 a VIP program has been launched. Full details here! I’m pretty excited to announce a new long … Read More Here