I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @Bluerise Yup, been riding with them a bit lately. Not bad at all. #, 3 hours ago
- @tjlschneider True indeed. Haven't bought any yet. Currently borrowing from @lizdrover #, 3 hours ago
- Seen tonight riding down the bike lane: A mobile crêperie. https://t.co/KypjO06cYq #, 3 hours ago
- Finally arrived! First day packed full of shooting went well, starting just 15mins after UPS arrived. Sweet! https://t.co/b7jhM9Yxo0 #, 6 hours ago
- 5 Random Things I Did in Venice! From running the canals, to eating our way across the city: https://t.co/zsBkQer9j2 https://t.co/29H8VdNq1a #, 6 hours ago
- RT @nealrogers: Wow, is that stupid https://t.co/S2NxlVjTLN #, 8 hours ago
- RT @angryasian: Road discs aren't dead just yet. Trial period supposedly restarting in June with rounded rotor edges, more study: https://t.co/ILDCWmhxxS #, 8 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Clever Training
Starting today, a handful of products are on a fairly big sale – the Garmin FR910XT, TomTom Runner Cardio, and a deal with the Scosche Rhythm+. As is usually the case, I tend not to create standalone posts on any … Read More Here
Hope everyone is preparing for a good weekend ahead (or, for you in Australia and the Middle East, already having a good weekend)! Just a super-quick heads up that Garmin has temporarily dropped the price on two different products for … Read More Here
******[Update: Please note this deal is now expired!]****** As I promised almost exactly one year ago when I announced the Clever Training partnership, I’d only make a full-on post about something deal-related when it was a massive deal. Thus this … Read More Here
August 1st, 2013 – please note: This deal is now expired. Thanks for supporting the site! Just a quick heads up that Clever Training worked out a deal to offer exclusively to DC Rainmaker readers to pickup the Garmin Edge … Read More Here
Let me just put this out up front: This is without question the most significant sports technology gadget sale I’ve seen since starting the blog some 5-6 years ago. No Thanksgiving Black Friday, Christmas, or Festivus deals … Read More Here
Administrivia: Deal on Garmin FR110, update to Clever Training coupon code, and consolidated support page
After running the marathon Sunday, then running straight to the airport Sunday night, then up early again for another long-haul 10hr flight (this) Monday morning, and then doing booth duty for 3hrs upon landing…I’m pooped. So, we’ll keep this short … Read More Here
Summary: You get a 10% discount on everything that Clever Training sells with discount code DCR10MHD, and free US shipping. Update: As of May 6th, 2014 a VIP program has been launched. Full details here! I’m pretty excited to announce a new long … Read More Here