I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @ware_melanie Very tempting.... #, 20 hours ago
- @rmmontgomery That's true, the bulge is gone. I'd hope that true steps actually gets backported to other units. #, 21 hours ago
- Seen countless drone autofollow videos by companies for sport, yet oddly this is probably best demonstrator to date: https://t.co/4xw1r52Dv9 #, 21 hours ago
- @rmmontgomery I'm still confused - isn't it basically an simplified Ambit3 with vibration alerts? #, 21 hours ago
- @KeithWakeham Nah, just your Canadian-ess. ;) #, 21 hours ago
- @KeithWakeham I think your phone's camera has some grease from poutine or something on it. Try giving it a little t-shirt rub... #, Oct 9
- RT @joelindsey: I've certainly heard some bs non-sequitur/nonsense answers to interview questions but this is all-time. https://t.co/z0DgPyVXYE #, Oct 9
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here's my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) - covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 'Gear I Use' equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here's The Girl's (my wife's) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that...continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Stages Cycling
Today at Eurobike, Stages announced their first foray into offering carbon crank arm options with their power meters pre-installed. You’ll remember that up until today they’ve only offered aluminum cranks. Today’s announcement includes five new carbon models, while also rolling … Read More Here
The Massive Eurobike Power Meter News Roundup: Quarq, Stages, SRM, PowerBeat, Ciclo, Verve Infocrank, Xpedo
For some power meter companies here at Eurobike I put together full posts if they had a number of new major products, or if they had some sort of significant news. These included: Garmin: New model, announcement of Cycling Dynamics … Read More Here
July 1st is apparently the popular day to announce new things within the sports technology world. Here’s a super-quick rundown of all the happenings of today: New Misfit Shine Variant + T-Shirt holder Just in time for the product review … Read More Here
Stages, Wahoo sponsor Team Sky, CycleOps sponsors Trek Pro team, and Team Lampre on ROTOR Power, Movistar on Power2Max
Today, another sports technology company joined in the roughly two week long fiesta of companies sponsoring pro cycling teams. Wahoo’s announcement this morning that they’re sponsoring Team Sky, makes Sky the epicenter of connected sports technology sponsorships: Stages power meters, … Read More Here
Today at Interbike I got a sneak peek at Stages Cycling’s latest firmware update plans coming down the line to Stages Power meter owners. First up is the addition of the ANT+ Torque Effectiveness and Power Smoothness metrics. These metrics … Read More Here
Since there’s been a huge response on my StageONE power meter post (read: a ton of questions and a whole lot of people viewing it), I went ahead and sat down with the guys last night and walked through every … Read More Here
This morning, Stages Cycling announced a new crank-based power meter, StageONE, which will be available for $699US. The power meter includes both ANT+ and Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE/BLE/Bluetooth Smart), allowing you to connect to any of the ANT+ power meter … Read More Here