I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- .@GoPro If only you didn't cancel my order randomly yesterday without explanation. Support was of no help. #NoFlyZone #, 3 hours ago
- @carter_the_boss 3rd times the charm! #, 5 hours ago
- @felixb1 My understanding is a unit is somewhere between Wisconsin and Paris. Where exactly...I'm not sure. :-/ #, 5 hours ago
- Cycliq rolls out an updated Fly6 combo bike light & rear-camera. I go hands-on: https://t.co/yNOoXbzDmj https://t.co/RSRgiXcVSW #, 7 hours ago
- @zhangschmidt @the5krunner Not sure I said it's done. I believe I said it's going to be incredibly difficult to catch-up. #, 9 hours ago
- @mattposh @_Dark_Mark @ChrisHwdTri Fresh air...hot air. Same same. #, 10 hours ago
- @ChrisHwdTri Check... #, 14 hours ago
This past weekend’s indoor triathlon race got me thinking about how indoor triathlons are in many ways very different tactically than outdoor triathlons. Sure, both have swim/bike/run objectives – but the way in which different indoor races are run forces … Read More Here
It’s September. Which means that all (ok, probably just many) of you are preparing to run some sort of race. Perhaps you’ve already run a shorter race this season on the way to that goal. For me, my main race … Read More Here
While I have many posts on how to get the most from your Garmin Forerunner, it was pointed out to me recently that I don’t actually have any posts on how best to race with it. So this one will … Read More Here
It’s not even the end of the race year yet – and I’m already putting on the finishing touches for next year. One of the sucky things (actually, really the only sucky thing) about triathlons is how early the races … Read More Here
We've all eagerly awaited for our race-day photos to appear on the photographing companies web site. Sometimes we get awesome shots, most times we get unflattering shots...and then sometimes we're missing in action. You then ask yourself: How could they … Read More Here