8 responses

1. Matt
    May 7, 2012

Funny, I too was out at skyline this weekend. I did a comparison between the 910xt and 500. The results were pretty bad. Just one more thing about the 910xt that I can’t trust.

Let me know if you would like to see the files.

2. Tim K
    May 7, 2012

I found myself wondering how expensive it would be if you happened to drop all those devices you were holding in your open hand.

3. dogrunner
    May 7, 2012

hey Ray,
    Nice post. Looking forward to the GPS device comparison.
    On trail running – I mostly run trails, except in winter when it is too cold or icy and I always notice grumbling leg parts when I return to trails after only indoor track / dreadmill / sidewalk running. So many more little muscles come into play, lots of lateral stabilizing going on that just does not happen on smooth pavement or tracks. BTW, on all but the gnarliest trails, or trails where traction is challenging (usually steep and slick), I use the same shoes I use on pavement / indoors (Miz Universe), so you might be able to take the shoes out of the equation.

4. Andy
    May 7, 2012

When we see those “speed thingys”, we call them “high score boards” like from old-school video games. Of course it’s always fun to try to get a new high score…

5. Senior Homer
    May 7, 2012

Where was the sand-ladder part of your training run?!

May 7, 2012

When I was learning to ride, a long-time rider told me to stash $21 in my saddle bag.

“If you get a tear in the tyre, fold the $1 up and cover the gash so the tube doesn’t bulge out. If the $1 doesn’t do the job, use the $20 to pay for cab home.”

7. oldSAP
    May 7, 2012

very nice trail you’ve got there

8. Matt
    May 8, 2012

I am lucky enough to live about a mile from the side entrance of PWFP and do 100% of my running and biking there. It offers some of the BEST trails/roads in the area, and most folks don’t even know it’s there! Word to the wise, if you run or bike there, prepare to be humbled by the monster hills. You WILL be slower than pretty much anywhere else you train.