I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @ianberman Which makes numbers even funnier, since IDC called out specifically Fenix Chronos which didn't start shipping till Q4 (2w ago). #, 4 hours ago
- @diplomacy24_7 That chaps name is called GoPro. Friendly fella. #, 4 hours ago
- But the real issue is IDC: How on earth does 'not run apps' become magic dividing line for likely 1M+ Fitbit Blaze… https://t.co/yBMeV9EOUw #, 14 hours ago
- Dear Engadget: The world did exist before Apple Watch. Garmin's first smartphone notification unit was late 2013, 1… https://t.co/nshFmIGWIb #, 14 hours ago
- .@hmbark She decidedly hates the treadmill. Took a crap at the end of it after her last foray on it more than a yea… https://t.co/WwZAtT5338 #, 15 hours ago
- A packed underground tonight in the DCR Cave: The Girl, The Peanut, The Dog, and me! https://t.co/H8HxFwbqGb #, 16 hours ago
- @tedder42 @Philbar72 @grahamrose It's not so much a case of having one that's the challenge. It's having it be anywhere near accurate... #, 19 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Kinomap
Kinomap Adds New Features: Strava/VeloViewer video integration, Revenue Sharing, ASO Virtual Race, and browser-only version
Coming off the heels of Interbike, cycling trainer app Kinomap is rolling out a host of features, including a number that are pretty new and unique to the trainer app space. For those unfamiliar with Kinomap, it’s historically been an … Read More Here
Kinomap, one of the more popular trainer apps out there has expanded their platform with two new apps, one focused on Strava, and the other for Intervals. In addition, they’re going to become the first 3rd party app to roll-out … Read More Here
After my recent Winter 2014-2015 trainer recommendations post, many of you have been asking about trainer apps. I decided against combining it with the trainer recommendations post in order to give its full due in a standalone post. In retrospect … Read More Here
CompuTrainer begins to open up access to apps, Kinomap demos WiFi CompuTrainer control and announced Android app
This week at Interbike, both CompuTrainer and Kinomap have made a number of announcements around application control and usage with the CompuTrainer trainer. Let’s dive into them. CompuTrainer’s ‘Open Source’ First up is potentially the beginning of CompuTrainer opening up … Read More Here
Kinomap demonstrates route builder software, adds CycleOps PowerBeam support, Sony Action Cam integration
The folks at Kinomap have been pretty busy lately, adding a slew of new features to their existing Kinomap trainer app, as well as optimizing some of the existing functions in the app. First up is expanded compatibility with the … Read More Here
The company behind the popular Kinomap training software has released a new app – Bull Trainer. This app allows you to ‘ride’ the historical graphs of any publically traded company. Depending on how volatile that company is, your workout may … Read More Here
Today Wahoo Fitness unveiled their latest product – a Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ enabled trainer with an integrated power meter. The trainer will transmit power (watts) and speed information across both protocols, allowing it to bridge the gap between dedicated … Read More Here