The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week:
While there was plenty of interest in the Timex Run Trainer post – I think I found the guest post by Lindsey most entertaining!
Saturday: Week in Review–October 29th, 2011
Monday: A weekend in the snow in NYC…and planes, trains and automobiles
Tuesday: Timex Run Trainer GPS In-Depth Review
Wednesday #1: Wahoo Fitness gives sneak peak of new BlueHR–Bluetooth Smart heart rate strap
Wednesday #2: Garmin decides not to add Left/Right power or TSS/NP/IF to Forerunner 310XT
Thursday: Guest Post- Sleeping My Way to the Top
Friday: Tip of the day- How not to lose your ANT+ stick
Men’s Health/Gatorade/Urbanathlon Blog posts this past week:
In addition to all my writings here, I also cover a bunch of topics over on the Men’s Health Urbanathlon blog. Here’s the goods from the past week:
Monday: Ray’s NYC Urbanathlon Relay Race Report
Friday: Inside Details- The Toughest Obstacles for the Pros
Note that I post over there twice a week, and Sarah posts twice a week as well. It’s a tag-team event.
Bicycling Magazine – December 2011 issue:
Rumor has it that they’ve seen another article of mine posted in the December issue of Bicycling Magazine. It’s the start of a multi-month series on bicycling related apps for your phone, so go check it out at your local newsstand.
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) AT&T Plans to sell fitness sensor clothing: Yup, everyone’s getting into the health and fitness game these days. I think I’m going to write about this at some point in the next few weeks…
2) Basis provides an update on their 24×7 monitoring watch: While it sounds like delays are in the cards – I’m looking forward to chatting with these folks in person later this week! Good times ahead!
3) Quote on coaches: I thought this little snippet from MarkyV was pretty accurate, describing coaches. Worth a looksee.
4) Erg Workout Creater/Downloader: A simple little website with the singular purpose of creating workouts based on FTP that you can load into a CompuTrainer. Neat stuff, free.
5) Tour of California 2012 Cities/Dates announced: Go see if your favorite small town is listed…and then plan your great RV trip! I might even take them up on those media passes next year…
6) New SiRFStarV GPS Chipset announced: Will be interesting to see when this makes its way into the next series of GPS watches. I’d be eyeing the Garmin spring releases if it were me…and no, I don’t know anything about those. Just a guess. Sorry!
7) New Kona Lottery Rules Announced: In case you somehow missed it last week – swing on over to check out the latest details on how the new Kona Lottery will work, complete with the 12+ automatic entry system.
Congrats to all those who finished Ironman Florida or the NYC Marathon this weekend, as well as anything else racing!