I’ve long since wondered what to do with all the random tidbits of things I collect each week – or the little thoughts that don’t quite make for a full post. But I finally came up with a solution: The Week in Review Post. This takes the place of my Weekly Mailbag – which is now over on Slowtwich. These are just quick snippets of things that I’ve found interesting. Nice and easy Saturday reading. Plus, a recap of my Weekly Mailbag post a well.
So with that, let’s get into the action!
Weekly Mailbag Over at Slowtwitch.com:
If you’re looking for your usual Saturday fix of the Weekly Mailbag, remember it’s chillin’ over at Slowtwitch (and published a few days earlier). You can read the full meal deal here, and here’s the topics covered:
1) Garmin Fitness Product Development Cycles
2) Mac Cycling Focused Applications
3) Timex Global Trainer and HR while in the water
Posts this past week:
In case you missed anything from the past 7 days, here ya have it. It’s been a pretty crazy week of travelling, so that highlights
Sunday: Things I learned at Interbike
Monday: Giant Acorn 2010 Race Report
Monday: Quick thoughts on the new Garmin Forerunner 210/410 running watches
Tuesday: Simple reasons why I love my coach
Wednesday: A brief visit to Haiti
Thursday: Timex Global Trainer Giveaway
Thursday: A chat with the folks behind Team Kovi
Saturday: Two days in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
I browse tons, and I mean TONS of stuff each week. But I found the following stories, discussions or links particularly interesting – or exceedingly good at burning lots of time. This week it seemed to be the announcing of lots of new races. Enjoy!
1) New Rev3 Adventure Races – Ok, while all the attention was initially on some new triathlon’s that Rev3 announced for next year…the coolest thing was their new Adventure races. Best of all – these happen almost in my backyard, right near Skyline drive where I routinely train. Look awesome.
2) New WTC Olympic Distance Races – WTC has decided to move into the International distance game with a new branded series of races ‘5i50’ – referring to the distance (albeit super-confusing). Many of the races that they’re partnering with are well known, such as the NYC tri and DC Triathlon.
3) Clearwater 70.3 Championships moving to Las Vegas – This has been rumored for a while, and now confirmation has occurred from WTC. Slowtwich has a pretty good article full of details. I’m glad to see the change, as I think it’ll make it a far better race than the draft-fest that Florida is/was. Also, by moving 4-weeks prior to Kona, we’ll probably see some pretty interesting racing.
4) The whole Contador Mess – I find the whole bad-meat thing interesting not for the question of whether or not Contador doped, but rather – how messed up the whole system is with respect to announcing/not announcing and everything else. Interesting look at it.
Random Item #1: The Girl’s New Water Bottle Holder System
If you didn’t see my twitter update, this this item will be new to you…while I’ve been away this past week The Girl was busy with power tools at home creating a water bottle holder system…definitely a worthwhile post (well, of course, all of her posts are worthwhile, but this one is pretty funny).
Random Item #2: Timex Global Trainer Giveaway
In the highly unlikely event that you missed the giveaway post…I’m giving away a brand new Timex Global Trainer. No strings attached, just simply giving it away. I figured I’d mix things up a little bit this morning. You can enter the big show here!
Random Item #3: I got tweeted by Greg LeMond
Random Item #4: Saipan? Anyone?
Anybody out there from Saipan? Looking to see if I can use a bike for a few hours in early November on a weekend. If so…shoot me an e-mail. Thanks!
Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks for reading!
FOUND THIS POST USEFUL? SUPPORT THE SITE!
Hopefully, you found this post useful. The website is really a labor of love, so please consider becoming a DC RAINMAKER Supporter. This gets you an ad-free experience, and access to our (mostly) bi-monthly behind-the-scenes video series of “Shed Talkin’”.
Otherwise, perhaps consider using the below link if shopping on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but your purchases help support this website a lot. It could simply be buying toilet paper, or this pizza oven we use and love.