I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @billywright1982 The fine folks from @TrainerRoad have a sweet blog post on making your own. #, 12 hours ago
- @jegill The Tacx Vortex Smart. #, 14 hours ago
- RT @BertiesCupCakes: The sun is shining and the line is out the door! Buy 2 get 1 free! Want a champagne toast, just ask :) http://t.co/yftuHLHIm4 #, 20 hours ago
- @pkmutd On a mobile device or desktop device? I heard this from someone else yesterday, but really odd - still there. #, 23 hours ago
- Having some fun creating a Hyperlapse of ride. Taking forever. Hope it finishes before my flight lands in 5hrs... http://t.co/jgmJrgZiTt #, Oct 3
- @n_shunmugan I'd go sport, unless you really really really need super accurate altimeter during activity. Enjoy! #, Oct 2
- @n_shunmugan Garmin will have more features (i.e. Fenix3), but some would say that Ambit3 has very slight edge in GPS tracking in trails. #, Oct 2
Tag Archives: Keo
Back at Eurobike, LOOK quietly showed off their new dual ANT+ and BLE pedals, which effectively upstage long-time partner Polar in what used to be a dual venture between the two companies. These new pedals are physically similar to the ones that … Read More Here
The Polar Look Keo Power System is the first pedal based power meter to make it to market, meaning, you can actually go out and buy one. Announced nearly two years ago, the units finally started trickling out into the … Read More Here
Within the US every device that wirelessly transmits in any way, shape, or form must conform to regulations set by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission). This branch of the government requires that companies send in detailed test and reporting metrics … Read More Here
This weekend was a bit of a catch-up weekend on items to get unboxing photos on, and ensure I have all the photos I need of a product before I start using it. I’ve long since learned that if I … Read More Here
(Above: The shipping/retail box for Keo Power) By most accounts, the Polar/Look Keo Power pedal based power meter system is the closest pedal based power meter to public availability. In fact, some units are now available at a few shops … Read More Here
For a quick Friday post I want to focus your attention towards a group of photos released by Polar on their FaceBook page on Thursday. These are the first photos showing their new pedal-based power meter that they previously announced … Read More Here
Now that some of the hype has died down a bit from Interbike, it’s time to take a look at what exactly all these vendors have promised…and which ones might actually meet their promises. But as is always the case, … Read More Here
(Administrative note: Looking for the usual Weekly Mailbag? No worries, it’s still a staple – but I’ve got some cool news coming about that on Tuesday…so hang onto your helmets and we’ll get there.) Some of you may have seen … Read More Here