I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @joecoolls Generally. #, 14 hours ago
- @aharville Not sure. Typical release cycle is 2yrs, which would aim for fall. Though FR225 upset that apple cart. #, 14 hours ago
- @codeglomeration Its where all the best things in life are found. #, 14 hours ago
- @LandryBennett Nope. Some people have rigged up Fitbit/Withings scales via sync on MyFitnessPal to GC, but seems flakey. :/ #, 14 hours ago
- @codeglomeration I walked around the corner and bought one this morning :) #, 15 hours ago
- Best moment ever at end of long hot run: Cold free big cups and bottles of orange juice. I sampled extensively. http://t.co/JEsVqVRAEK #, 16 hours ago
- Out doing some testing. Started the run in the city, ended in the forest on trails. @ Bois de Boulogne https://t.co/USShzEvwew #, 16 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Garmin VIRB
Today, Garmin announced two new action cameras – the next in their VIRB action cam lineup. These two cameras continue in the footsteps of the Garmin’s first generation cameras by focusing heavily on sensor data and internal metrics that can … Read More Here
Today, Garmin released a new firmware update for their action camera – the VIRB. This new firmware applicable to the VIRB Elite (that’s the model with the ANT+ sensor support) will now natively record ANT+ cycling power meter data and … Read More Here
When Garmin announced the VIRB action camera late this past summer, it represented further expansion into the outdoor market, due to it’s significant product tie-ins with other Garmin products. Most notable however, is that they’re squaring off directly against the … Read More Here
Ahh yes, with October behind us the last tattered threads of summer weather are most definitely gone. Welcome the rain. And the cold. And the wind. All at once. Nonstop. The other problem is lack of sunlight. Not because I … Read More Here
Just a super-quick mid-evening Eurobike heads up that I’ve gone back and added a large gallery of photos of the actual Garmin VIRB production units to the Garmin VIRB action camera post that was put up last week. This helps … Read More Here
My Full In-Depth Review of the VIRB and VIRB Elite has been published! Check it out here! On Tuesday Garmin announced their entry into the sports action camera market – a market currently dominated by GoPro, with a slew of … Read More Here