The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week:
A wide variety of posts this week covering quite a range of stuff. Here’s what made the main stage:
Sunday: Week in Review–August 28th, 2011
Monday: Running from Irene
Tuesday: A look at Garmin Auto Lap by position for track and circuit loop use
Wednesday: Almost end of summer Garmin Forerunner 610 Giveaway!
Thursday: Tuesday nights at the track
Friday: A look ahead to Interbike 2011
Men’s Health/Gatorade/Urbanathlon Blog posts this past week:
In addition to all my writings here, I also cover a bunch of topics over on the Men’s Health Urbanathlon blog. Here’s the goods from the past week:
Tuesday: Recovery Cross Training
Thursday: Looking at build races prior to the Urbanathlon
Note that I post over there roughly every Tuesday and Thursday, and Sarah posts on Monday and Wednesday. It’s a tag-team event.
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) Wheel Rim Light System – This is a really cool kick start project that illuminates the rims of your wheels making you more visible while cycling at night. You can even pitch in and buy a pair when they release.
2) A primer on how electronic timing systems work – Once again, the CyclingTips guys deliver a cool look at how the electronic timing systems work in cycling races.
3) CycleOps Integrated Joule Bike Stem – A sweet idea, shown over at EuroBike, but looking forward to checking it out at Interbike next week in person.
4) The Preeminence of Kona – A great post by Jordan Rapp on how he views the importance (or lack of) of Kona going forward for professional triathletes – and the sport at large. Well worth the read.
5) A cool portrait of Simon Whitfield (by specialized) – A great PDF put together by his sponsor (specialized) – but talks to his family, the sport and his background. Really cool.
6) A second look at self-inflating bike tires – Though his posts are infrequent, when CozyBeeHive does post, it’s always worthwhile. Hit up the link for a bit more history on the self-inflating bike tire story (and the previous attempts) I linked to the week prior.
7) USA Pro Cycling Recap (with race power files!) – With TrainingPeaks as a sponsor of the race not called the Tour of Colorado nor called the Coors Classic, they were in the position to publish many of the big name race files from the tour – so hit up the link for lots of geeky goodness.
No random notes, this weekend was busy – so you’ll see me catching up over the next day with the giveaway results and my weekend wrap-up post as well. Thanks for reading all!
Oh, actually – one quick note!
I’m loving all the suggestions on the ‘What do you want to see me cover at Interbike’ post from Friday – so please drop a note if you have things you want me to check out. Keep the comments flowin!