I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @Ward_VR No worries, I clean-up doubles (remove duplicates) before the draw. You're all good! #, 1 hour ago
- RT @velonews: With the Giro in the books, @CaleyFretz had one final round of unserious questions for the five American finishers https://t.co/MjCtBj5Avj #, 1 hour ago
- Last call! The DCR $600 Gadget Giveaway ends here in a few hours! Don't miss out! https://t.co/pankWcmARr #, 2 hours ago
- Week in Review! From bears chasing after triathletes during a race, to the Olympics in 4K/8K. And sales end today! https://t.co/oYH0Tfq4r6 #, 3 hours ago
- RT @alybbert: Listen to both your pods @dcrainmakerblog and @TRS_tri figured u'd appresh a friends signs at the @CalgaryMarathon https://t.co/Eo72Zm5npv #, 7 hours ago
- @BobVillanueva Yup, generally. I dive a bit more into it here in this comment: https://t.co/m1Bp4jp7aa #, 7 hours ago
- @AlexWilmer True, though it does fold up, so that helps a bit. #, 7 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Wahoo RFLKT
Today at Interbike Wahoo Fitness announced their Wahoo RPM Bluetooth Smart cadence sensor. This tiny pod attaches to your current crank arm and provides cadence (revolutions per minute) via Bluetooth Smart, to compatible applications. This is similar to their Blue … Read More Here
Last night Wahoo Fitness unveiled the next edition of their bike computer – the RFLKT+ (pronounced Reflect Plus). The RFLKT+ builds upon the previous RFLKT unit that was announced about a year ago by adding in native ANT+ bridging functionality … Read More Here
This morning Magellan announced their newest entrant to the fitness market – the Magellan Echo. Unlike many running watches, this unit takes a bit of a different approach to things. Instead of containing a GPS chip within the unit, it … Read More Here
(Updated January 15th, 2016: Overhauled sections include pros/cons, summary, various minor items throughout post). The Wahoo KICKR is probably the most anticipated trainer to hit the market in quite a while, if not one of the most anticipated sports technology products … Read More Here
Today Wahoo Fitness showed off their newest product here at Interbike; the Wahoo Fitness RFLKT bike computer. The RFLKT (pronounced ‘Reflect’) is the Bluetooth Smart driven bike computer that connects directly to your phone and displays the content of the … Read More Here