I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @bobcroucher JKW is the latest, but on 7 Garmin products, Garmin requires DCR/CT VIP program instead (still 10% off): http://t.co/6LGMdgOWln #, 8 mins ago
- @igor_oliveira Sure. #, 8 mins ago
- @CharlieGroll You too! #, 9 hours ago
- @stenard Funny, that's exactly where my meeting was today (tall new glass buildings). #, 9 hours ago
- Heads up: Amazon Black Friday Lightning Deal - Kinetic Road Machine Trainer ($269, reg ~$350): http://t.co/CiwuMZTvkR #, 11 hours ago
- @RayKiro Unfortunately just to glass tower near Paddington station for 2hrs and back. Found Paddington Bear though. http://t.co/hzyGjT1ijY #, 18 hours ago
- @KevJKeenan Practice makes perfect. We don't needlessly minimize consumption. :) #, 18 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Wahoo RFLKT
Today at Interbike Wahoo Fitness announced their Wahoo RPM Bluetooth Smart cadence sensor. This tiny pod attaches to your current crank arm and provides cadence (revolutions per minute) via Bluetooth Smart, to compatible applications. This is similar to their Blue … Read More Here
Last night Wahoo Fitness unveiled the next edition of their bike computer – the RFLKT+ (pronounced Reflect Plus). The RFLKT+ builds upon the previous RFLKT unit that was announced about a year ago by adding in native ANT+ bridging functionality … Read More Here
This morning Magellan announced their newest entrant to the fitness market – the Magellan Echo. Unlike many running watches, this unit takes a bit of a different approach to things. Instead of containing a GPS chip within the unit, it … Read More Here
Today Wahoo Fitness showed off their newest product here at Interbike; the Wahoo Fitness RFLKT bike computer. The RFLKT (pronounced ‘Reflect’) is the Bluetooth Smart driven bike computer that connects directly to your phone and displays the content of the … Read More Here