Heads-up: Huge Sports Tech Sale Underway – 20% Off All Smart Trainers!
There’s a massive sales on smart cycling trainers right now, plus plenty other sports tech. There’s 20% off the Wahoo KICKR, KICKR CORE, CLIMB, Headwind, 20% off the Tacx NEO 2T, Flux 2, and Flux S, 20% off Saris Hammer 3 trainer and Saris MP1 Motion Platform. Plus also 20% off the Elite Direto X and Suito too, even the new Sterzo. Plus even steeper deals including with the Kinetic trainers at 30% off.
The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week: Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week.
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs: Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) Now is the time for sponsorships, teams and coaching: If you’re a triathlete, and any of those previous items interest you, you really do need to start now for next season. The thread in that link is an awesome resource – in particular for anyone looking to get a sponsor (yup, age groupers not on the pointy end even included!). Companies are listing their applications there.
8) How to change your bike headset: Another in the series from Slowtwitch on bike maintenance and parts changeups. Even if a new headset or swappage isn’t on your radar, worth reading through to increase situational awareness.
9) Crazy ledge mountain biking video: Ok, I missed this somehow. But I just saw it now, and if you haven’t seen it it’s like that whole ‘It’s new to you’ thing from years ago on TV.
11) Throwing the Berlin Marathon: Last of hubbub from last weekend over the Berlin Marathon win and the associated $500K prize purse for the series. Especially with accusations of it being sorta rigged.
12) Ski video clip of the week: Coming from Chase Jarvis – behind the scenes on a video shoot in Aspen for some promotional stuff. There’s helicopters, big air, quadracopters, and all sorts of other awesome stuff.
14) Rappstar Charity Challenge: Win a crapload of awesome prizes (really, even best most of my giveaways) in exchange for donating to charity for raising money for bikes in Africa. Cool stuff.
15) 2013 Giro Route announced, analyzed: Just like the words say – a detailed review of the 2013 Giro route (really detailed) and what it might mean for the teams. A non-analytic video variant and overview below:
Sports Technology Software/Firmware Updates This Week: Each week I quickly highlight some of the new firmware, app, software and website service updates that I see go out. If you’re a sports technology company and release an update – shoot me a quick note (just one liners is perfect, or Tweet it at me) and I’ll make mention of it here. If I don’t know about it, I won’t be able to post about it. Sound good?
Magellan update their Fitness Website: They’ve added a bunch of features, fixed a slew of things. Most interesting is the ability to actually help end-users downgrade their devices to old firmware versions should they need to. A request I often hear from other users of other company devices.
Garmin Fenix firmware updated to 2.70: Perhaps in response to my review, Garmin has fixed a number of issues I complained about in the review. Catch all the details in the updated review.
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details. Oh, and you can sign-up for the newsletter here!
Here’s how to save!
Wanna save some cash and support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10BTF) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
In the UK/EU/Australia/New Zealand? Then hit up Wiggle at the link below!
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!
You probably stumbled upon here looking for a review of a sports gadget. If you’re trying to decide which unit to buy – check out my in-depth reviews section. Some reviews are over 60 pages long when printed out, with hundreds of photos! I aim to leave no stone unturned.
I travel a fair bit, both for work and for fun. Here’s a bunch of random trip reports and daily trip-logs that I’ve put together and posted. I’ve sorted it all by world geography, in an attempt to make it easy to figure out where I’ve been.
The most common question I receive outside of the “what’s the best GPS watch for me” variant, are photography-esq based. So in efforts to combat the amount of emails I need to sort through on a daily basis, I’ve complied this “My Photography Gear” post for your curious minds! It’s a nice break from the day to day sports-tech talk, and I hope you get something out of it!
Many readers stumble into my website in search of information on the latest and greatest sports tech products. But at the end of the day, you might just be wondering “What does Ray use when not testing new products?”. So here is the most up to date list of products I like and fit the bill for me and my training needs best! DC Rainmaker 2019 swim, bike, run, and general gear list. But wait, are you a female and feel like these things might not apply to you? If that’s the case (but certainly not saying my choices aren’t good for women), and you just want to see a different gear junkies “picks”, check out The Girl’s 2018 Gear Guide too.