The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week:
Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week. It’s been a wee bit (ok, a wee LOT bit) busy this past week, but once I get though the end of Monday, it’ll even out again.
Sunday: Week in Review–June 10th, 2012
Monday: 2012 Escape from Alcatraz Race Report
Tuesday: Garmin FR910XT update adds TSS/IF/NP, gazillion other items/fixes
Wednesday: Timex Cycle Trainer 2.0 GPS In-Depth Review
Thursday: The Escape from Alcatraz GoPro Bike Course video in less than 4 minutes
Thursday: Tomorrow- The DC Rainmaker All-Day Giveaway Extravaganza
Friday: The Giveaway Extravaganza Posts!
Saturday: The Giveaway Extravaganza Winners!
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) Ever wonder how time gaps you see on TV are calculated in the Tour de France? Wonder no more, the answers to all your cycling time gap questions.
2) WTC Announces new Lake Tahoe Ironman Triathlon for 2013: Sweet location, looks like an awesome race venue. I’m loving seeing more races (return to) the West Coast (roughly).
3) Why Swimming Makes You Want To Eat Your Young: A good post on why exactly it is that you go straight to Chipotle after a swim workout and down not one, but two burritos (with chips).
4) Hitchhiker writing/researching book on kindness shot: If nothing else, it should make for an interesting chapter in his book (yes, he’s OK).
5) Blind runner carries Olympic torch, with only the assistance of RunKeeper app: This is pretty cool, and shows not only how far technology has come, but how important it is to those depending on it to get in workouts (or running with the torch).
6) Skydiver lands without parachute…on purpose: Yet, no one asks where on earth they got all those boxes from that he lands into. Huh?
7) What the 3’ bike passing sign looks like in Texas: Many of us have heard of the new 3’ law being passed in many US states, which talks to the amount of space motorists must give to cyclists. But, I hadn’t seen the actual road sign before. Cool stuff.
8) Ironman CEO on Lance Debacle: If there’s anyone besides Lance himself that you’d want to read an interview from about the triathlon implications for Lance – it’s the Ironman CEO himself on the ‘why’s’ of the decision.
9) London Olympic track uniforms to have mini-jet engines on them: Ok, not really, but supposedly they’ll be super-duper-fast. Check here for all the crazy details. (More details here)
10) Miranda Carfrae’s post-training recovery video: At first, I thought this would be just a bit blah-sponsored video, but it did offer an interesting look at things otherwise not seen. Worth the quick watch.
Thanks for reading!
i always look forward to your Week in Review posts.
link to outsideonline.com
Funny, I had wondered if it might turn out that way. Go figure.