Heads-up: Huge Sports Tech Sale Underway – 20% Off All Smart Trainers!
There’s a massive sales on smart cycling trainers right now, plus plenty other sports tech. There’s 20% off the Wahoo KICKR, KICKR CORE, CLIMB, Headwind, 20% off the Tacx NEO 2T, Flux 2, and Flux S, 20% off Saris Hammer 3 trainer and Saris MP1 Motion Platform. Plus also 20% off the Elite Direto X and Suito too, even the new Sterzo. Plus even steeper deals including with the Kinetic trainers at 30% off.
The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week: Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week:
Slowtwitch Mailbag post: I’m returning to a slightly different schedule for Slowtwitch – roughly once a month, maybe more often here and there, but we’ll just take it as it goes. Here’s all the goodness I covered this week:
1) Thoughts on the newly available Suunto Ambit 2) Is the Garmin GTU-10 the best tracking device today for endurance racing? 3) Comparing the CycleOps PowerBeam Pro to Tacx Bushido
3) Nike Commercial – I would Run to you: I saw during American Idol this past week, but what’s more amazing is that they played the full 2 minutes and 30 seconds during prime time TV. Crazy! Awesome commercial, addicting song.
6) This is what ultra runners do in the winter: Crazy awesome sledding track that this top ultra runner put together in ‘his spare time’. After watching this, I’m quitting triathlon and going ultra – but only for the off seasons. (Thanks Clark!)
8) Photos of DC sports event with First Lady Obama and Vasa Swim Trainers: Figuring that I’ve still got one of these sitting downstairs next to my bike trainers, I thought this was pretty cool and interesting. I mentioned the event a few weeks ago – but here’s a ton of high res photos. Oh, and the wife of British Prime Minister David Cameron was hanging out there too!
9) 9 Important Reasons You Shouldn’t Bike to Work: As we get closer to Bike to Work Day here in the DC region (and across much of the US), this is oddly appropriate. Oh, and for you folks who bike to work every day, yes, Bike to Work Day is more of a ‘get out the troops’ day than the only day one bikes to work. On Bike to Work Day (May 18th), I’ll pass by 5 official pit stops. Crazy! Oddly enough, assuming it doesn’t dump on Monday, I’ll be making the 25 mile trek to work (each direction). Good times…
10) Just a perfectly appropriate Instagram photo: Hilarious photo of what I suspect is an Ironman Texas 70.3 athlete on a ride the day before, taking a picture on his cell phone while kitted out and still cycling. Who was he trying to capture mid-ride? Well, you can guess…
Sports Technology Software/Firmware Updates This Week:
I’m going to try something new where I quickly highlight some of the new firmware, app, software and website updates that I see go out, each week. If you’re a sports technology company and release an update – shoot me a quick note (just one liners) and I’ll make mention of it here. Sound good?
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details. Oh, and you can sign-up for the newsletter here!
Here’s how to save!
Wanna save some cash and support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10BTF) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
In the UK/EU/Australia/New Zealand? Then hit up Wiggle at the link below!
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!
You probably stumbled upon here looking for a review of a sports gadget. If you’re trying to decide which unit to buy – check out my in-depth reviews section. Some reviews are over 60 pages long when printed out, with hundreds of photos! I aim to leave no stone unturned.
I travel a fair bit, both for work and for fun. Here’s a bunch of random trip reports and daily trip-logs that I’ve put together and posted. I’ve sorted it all by world geography, in an attempt to make it easy to figure out where I’ve been.
The most common question I receive outside of the “what’s the best GPS watch for me” variant, are photography-esq based. So in efforts to combat the amount of emails I need to sort through on a daily basis, I’ve complied this “My Photography Gear” post for your curious minds! It’s a nice break from the day to day sports-tech talk, and I hope you get something out of it!
Many readers stumble into my website in search of information on the latest and greatest sports tech products. But at the end of the day, you might just be wondering “What does Ray use when not testing new products?”. So here is the most up to date list of products I like and fit the bill for me and my training needs best! DC Rainmaker 2019 swim, bike, run, and general gear list. But wait, are you a female and feel like these things might not apply to you? If that’s the case (but certainly not saying my choices aren’t good for women), and you just want to see a different gear junkies “picks”, check out The Girl’s 2018 Gear Guide too.