Huge Holiday Sales Deals List (Upwards of 100 items)!
Deals include $250+ off the Garmin Fenix 6 Series ($399 for the Pro models!). Plus deals on tons more including the GoPro Hero 10 Black, Apple Watch, Beats Buds, Suunto, smart indoor bikes, drones, and plenty more. Updated constantly, full details over here!
The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week: Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week:
3) Why do we train with devices? A good post over on the TrainingPeaks blog around some of the reasons folks use devices to train with. A good reminder that it’s sometimes also just simply about motivation more than data collection.
4) Blood Pressure Monitor now in a patch: I’m just about set with the ANT+ Blood Pressure monitor so I can whip up a review on it. But, this idea is pretty interesting. Instead of a cuff, you wear a 24hr patch which monitors things a bit more across your day.
5) Nothing to do with Endurance Sports: But still really darn cool. There’s something awesome about a ton of little helicopter drones in a gym playing the James Bond theme song on musical instruments. Trust me, it’s cool. Have I ever let you down?
8) Folding Bicycle Helmets: I had tagged this back a bit ago, but forgot to share it. Yup, these things fold right up like space blankets. Crazy.
9) Riding while armed: Trust me on this, you’ve gotta see the full photo. I could have pasted it here, but that wouldn’t be cool (copying and all). Here’s the top chunk, it gets better when you see the rest of the picture.
I spent a bit of time last night updating my Facebook page to the newfangled timeline format. I figured since all Facebook pages are being forced to it at the end of the month, might as well kick the tires a bit and give it a whirl. (Note: This is all in addition to the blog here of course, I usually post interesting pics there that I don’t post here).
Feel free to poke around and let me know what ya think. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading all, have a great remainder of your weekend!
You probably stumbled upon here looking for a review of a sports gadget. If you’re trying to decide which unit to buy – check out my in-depth reviews section. Some reviews are over 60 pages long when printed out, with hundreds of photos! I aim to leave no stone unturned.
I travel a fair bit, both for work and for fun. Here’s a bunch of random trip reports and daily trip-logs that I’ve put together and posted. I’ve sorted it all by world geography, in an attempt to make it easy to figure out where I’ve been.
The most common question I receive outside of the “what’s the best GPS watch for me” variant, are photography-esq based. So in efforts to combat the amount of emails I need to sort through on a daily basis, I’ve complied this “My Photography Gear” post for your curious minds! It’s a nice break from the day to day sports-tech talk, and I hope you get something out of it!
Many readers stumble into my website in search of information on the latest and greatest sports tech products. But at the end of the day, you might just be wondering “What does Ray use when not testing new products?”. So here is the most up to date list of products I like and fit the bill for me and my training needs best! DC Rainmaker 2021 swim, bike, run, and general gear list. But wait, are you a female and feel like these things might not apply to you? If that’s the case (but certainly not saying my choices aren’t good for women), and you just want to see a different gear junkies “picks”, check out The Girl’s Gear Guide too.