I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- I've decided that sometimes watching comments on review posts is like watching bumble bee soccer. Also as tricky to control. #, 10 hours ago
- @MisterGilmore Correct. I see a delay as inevitable. On the bright side, Vivofit2 units arrived today at Clever Training. #, 10 hours ago
- @abussey1 Regrettably, I'm not in Martinique. Odd that Twitter thinks I'm there. :/ Wishful thinking perhaps! #, 11 hours ago
- The Stryd running power meter launched yesterday on Kickstarter. Since then, it's climbed through $100K in funding. https://t.co/jf3cWM7hP9 #, 12 hours ago
- @jasosnay Haha, no, I've been out of the country most nights. #, 13 hours ago
- Pebble announces powered Smartstrap extensibility support for Pebble Time, along with some hands-on Steel thoughts: http://t.co/AMQkeDeujs #, 15 hours ago
- @alemaodh ANT+ doesn't transmit through water (neither does Bluetooth Smart), so no caching in current straps. #, 15 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here's my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) - covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 'Gear I Use' equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here's The Girl's (my wife's) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that...continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tips & Tricks
A few days ago a reader tweeted me an interesting little tip that I hadn’t seen before. It allows you to specify a startup message that’s displayed to the person turning on your Garmin Edge unit (hopefully you). And in … Read More Here
Perhaps it’s just me, but I find removing bike accessories secured by zip ties to be fraught with ways to scratch up that perfect paint job on your bike. And, given there’s a constant flow of new accessories to secure … Read More Here
Recently I was taking some shots for a product review and somehow the trainer block that holds up my front tire ended up being part of the shot. As I reviewed the shot in question on the camera, I realized … Read More Here
If you have a bike…and you have a car…it’s likely the two occasionally mate. There are many ways they can have a relationship together – be it inside the car, hanging out on the back, or one of the most … Read More Here
If you travel as much as I do for work (150,000+ miles last year), you’ve got no choice but to get creative with your training. There’s simply no way you can be competitive at all three sports without actually training … Read More Here
Hi all! In the interest of keeping this simple, I've consolidated this page, into my other 'How To' page. So if you found this, what you're really looking for is this: http://dcrainmaker.com/2006/12/how-to-guides.html Thanks, and sorry for the misdirect!-DCRainmaker