I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @simonbromley: '...dual-sided Stages prototypes have surfaced underneath Team Sky riders.' @BikeRadar @dcrainmakerblog http://t.co/toqJRvuV9W #, 20 hours ago
- @gianpaoloracca No problem! It's http://t.co/YnsmE0kG3o #, 20 hours ago
- RT @JurreK: I didn't get #podcasts until I started listening to the #DCRainmakerPodcast by @dcrainmakerblog and @TheRealStarky! http://t.co/Y8gdy8s0OK #, May 27
- @BobVillanueva Last I checked it was still planned for early June. #, May 27
- @maersu Hard to say. Really depended on section of run. Full details here (Poland run): http://t.co/TMQ4Z84hw7 #, May 26
- GPS accuracy is always a funny thing. In this small run snippet all three brands were off, but all at diff points. http://t.co/VsSVsncbVu #, May 26
- RT @TheRealStarky: .@ArsalRazaShah @dcrainmakerblog My favorite caller. Love your voice my brother!! #, May 26
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here's my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) - covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 'Gear I Use' equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here's The Girl's (my wife's) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that...continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tips & Tricks
A few days ago a reader tweeted me an interesting little tip that I hadn’t seen before. It allows you to specify a startup message that’s displayed to the person turning on your Garmin Edge unit (hopefully you). And in … Read More Here
Perhaps it’s just me, but I find removing bike accessories secured by zip ties to be fraught with ways to scratch up that perfect paint job on your bike. And, given there’s a constant flow of new accessories to secure … Read More Here
Recently I was taking some shots for a product review and somehow the trainer block that holds up my front tire ended up being part of the shot. As I reviewed the shot in question on the camera, I realized … Read More Here
If you have a bike…and you have a car…it’s likely the two occasionally mate. There are many ways they can have a relationship together – be it inside the car, hanging out on the back, or one of the most … Read More Here
A Bit of Background: If you travel as much as I do for work (150,000+ miles last year), you’ve got no choice but to get creative with your training. There’s simply no way you can be competitive at all three … Read More Here
Hi all! In the interest of keeping this simple, I've consolidated this page, into my other 'How To' page. So if you found this, what you're really looking for is this: http://dcrainmaker.com/2006/12/how-to-guides.html Thanks, and sorry for the misdirect!-DCRainmaker