I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Looking for the best 2015 Holiday Deals? Here's the continually updated master sports tech list!
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @muZZkat Ahh yes, I remember that day...pissing would be a polite way of putting it, right @BW_Tri ? #, 3 hours ago
- @greghilton Oh, I saw update. Just not sure if they plan to reach out to me. #, 6 hours ago
- @greghilton Though diff than they told CW, but that's great. I don't know if I'm on their list. Happy to share data if they provide unit. #, 6 hours ago
- @amphkingwest Fair enough, though I suspect since you can semi-build your own to a degree, the user cases there is limited. #, 6 hours ago
- I think I'd need a new DCR Cave to house that expansion! Cave 2! https://t.co/n9kh9RPvIf #, 7 hours ago
- @amphkingwest I just can't think of who I'd recommend it to, to be honest. Meaning, why would one get a V800 over F3/FR920XT/Ambit3 for tri? #, 7 hours ago
- Can't decide what device to get? Now up! The Winter 2015-2016 Sports Gadget Recommendations: https://t.co/Reeje5AHWw https://t.co/ycpeAWQKei #, 7 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Velib
Continuing along this week’s trend of cool summer Parisian events, Sunday was Velib’s big annual event on the Champs-Élysées. For those into the cycling scene, you’ll no doubt be familiar with the locale as being the scene for the finishing … Read More Here
Earlier this week The Girl and I made our sorta-annual trek to pickup a Christmas tree at the nearby market. The first year we returned home via Velib (the bike share system). Last year, we ended up walking it home. … Read More Here
The last few weeks in preparation for the upcoming Paris-Versailles running race I’ve been doing a variety of hill-related workouts on the main hill of the course itself (a nearly 2-mile long and 600ft climb). However, while that works out … Read More Here
Woot, a weekend back home! The weather up until Sunday was rather warm – about 80*F in fact. Which meant the crowds have been out in full force. Here’s what it looked like on Friday night out along the river. … Read More Here
Like the US, Christmas trees are readily available in France. Be it at just about every corner convenience store or small grocery, or even at gas stations. Here the trees are a wee bit shorter in general, and a little … Read More Here
Finally, a full and complete weekend at home, in Paris. But boy, was it busy! Everything from runs to bikes to lots of unpacking. Unpacking of pots. Unpacking of bikes. Unpacking of books. Unpacking of trainers (how on earth do … Read More Here