I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @TheRaceRadio: Sagan fined 300 CHF for “behavior which damages the image of cycling”.....UCI angry he did not stick the landing? http://t.co/2OzPEiK0kC #, Aug 29
- RT @nealrogers: Usually so cool, Sagan lost his shit after getting taken out by a moto. And rightfully so. It’s inexcusable. #LV2015 https://t.co/cdkUTQY9fF #, Aug 29
- @julianlong Or just take train both ways and eat sausage. #, Aug 29
- Hiking today in Swiss Alps. Also apparently half-marathon here last weekend. Climbs almost 3,000m. Sounds miserable. http://t.co/JE2WbMMfXE #, Aug 29
- @slow_beast Haha...where was I? #, Aug 29
- @CharlieGroll It depends on the area. If not in mountains, usually works out best. If in mountains it can be iffy. #, Aug 29
- @ware_melanie Yes, some serious potential on less stable trainers to really get into a pickle. #, Aug 29
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here's my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) - covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 'Gear I Use' equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here's The Girl's (my wife's) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that...continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Garmin Forerunner 910XT
The Sale: In what is becoming a bit of an annual mid-May sale, the Garmin FR910XT is now on sale for an end total price of $249. The unit starts at $399, but is on sale for $299, and then … Read More Here
A Bit of Background: There’s been a lot of forward and aerobar mounts popping on the market in the past year or so. Since the introduction of the Garmin standard quick release kit for both the Edge units (Edge 200/Edge … Read More Here
A few hours ago Garmin released an update that enables the TrainingPeaks metrics of TSS/IF/NP, as well as adds a whole crapton of other items and fixes. And yes, crapton is a technical term. This brings the unit inline with … Read More Here
Garmin is proactively messaging this afternoon to various media outlets that there has been a delay to the Vector pedal-based power meter, which was previously planned to ship in March 2012 (next month). The official release is as follows: “As … Read More Here
While checking on status for the forthcoming Edge 500 and FR310XT firmware updates that were scheduled to add the TrainingPeaks Metrics of TSS/NP/IF to the Edge 500, Edge 800, Forerunner 310XT and Forerunner 910XT – I got word that the … Read More Here
(Updated: May 1st, 2013) The Garmin Forerunner 910XT represents the next generation triathlon/multisport watch from Garmin. The watch builds on many areas that the FR305 and then FR310XT had – including a slimmer profile then either of those watches, and … Read More Here