I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @flicksta @altifondo It shuts down around 4:30, so most people actually aren't super drunk. Plus, you can take gondola down. #, 17 hours ago
- When it comes to mid-ski hill afternoon parties to finish off the day, the French resorts rock it out. https://t.co/kMzqZwyH9p #, 18 hours ago
- @w00t Most recent Garmin watches can control music from watch (i.e. Vivoactive, Fenix3, Vivosmart HR), etc...). #, Feb 4
- @moosetender https://t.co/5QxIlldEXd #, Feb 4
- @wardbekker Yup! #, Feb 4
- @jordankobert Airdog #, Feb 4
- Another awesome day of skiing in the books. Fresh powder to wake up to, sun all day, and back to snowing for night. https://t.co/eCRbOyRzw0 #, Feb 4
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Wrapping up what ought to be classified as a massive year of new product announcements (21 sport products*), Garmin added two more products to the pile today: A weight scale and a revamped optical-sensor enabled Vivosmart HR. I cover the … Read More Here
Update! See my in-depth review of the Vivosmart HR – now located just one click away here! Today Garmin rolled out their latest wearable, the Vivosmart HR. This new wrist-bound device takes the Vivosmart band that they announced slightly over … Read More Here
(Update: Both my FR230/235 & FR630 In-Depth Reviews have now been published at those links. Definitely need to check those out to get all the juicy details on whether these devices are worth it after long-term usage.) Ahh yes, that … Read More Here
Heads up! I’ve now posted my full A360 In-Depth Review, which can be viewed here! Enjoy! Earlier today Polar announced their latest wearable, the A360. More notably – it marks the first Polar product to include an optical heart rate … Read More Here
This past summer Garmin announced their foray into the cycling lights and cycling radar world. Yes, radar. They released their Varia cycling lights product line, which includes the Varia bike radar system that allows you to see approaching cars directly … Read More Here
Well then…it appears some of you really want an Edge 520. More specifically, some 6,109 of you. That being the total number of valid entries into the giveaway last weekend. I had asked what you were up to for the … Read More Here
In probably the weirdest move of the year, Indiegogo project AmpStrip has decided that it doesn’t like being popular – and has exited the fitness business. Instead, it’ll pursue bringing the device to market within the medical industry. You’ll remember … Read More Here
It’s somehow October already, and it’s been months since the Giveaway Extravaganza, and far too many months since a standalone extravaganza. I really need to have more of these. Partly because I love giving away stuff. And partly because if … Read More Here
Well that was a busy week. Phew! I left Paris early Monday morning for the annual ANT+ Symposium, located about 75 minutes outside of Calgary (Alberta, Canada), in the Kananaskis Country area. Basically, the mountains. The Symposium is where the … Read More Here
It’s been precisely one year since Connect IQ was unveiled at the ANT+ Symposium. This morning (at this year’s edition of the conference), Garmin unveiled their next phase of the platform. Since that unveiling last year, Garmin has rolled out four … Read More Here