I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- I share a short unboxing video I shot earlier today of the 4iiii Precision power meter. April Fools tis not: https://t.co/WB7ZThAxxZ #, 7 hours ago
- @JDP649 That's the way I roll. It's like redundancy. #, 12 hours ago
- Yup, it exists. Production unit. First ride in under a few hours (my bike mechanic skills willing...). http://t.co/SdOcifJ2Fj #, 13 hours ago
- RT @Challenge_Amer: One time, in South Carolina...@mbkessler raced 20+ miles with a broken saddle! #nojoke #gumption http://t.co/dS9wkjDzZo #, 14 hours ago
- RT @weiland: @wahoofitness Can't wait for the @dcrainmakerblog review, on 2nd thought no action photos Ray. #, 16 hours ago
- RT @wahoofitness: Introducing the Wahoo Fitness PLUGGR! http://t.co/lsOIGmRwu4 #AprilFools #, 16 hours ago
- In a complete freak incident sorta related to @TheRealStarky - I just ran over a rooster. Seriously. #BadOmen? http://t.co/gOQWRIxe49 #, Mar 31
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Earlier this week in my post about the DCR Cave, I noted the addition of a treadmill to the space. However, getting the treadmill to where you saw it was not quite the cake-walk we had hoped it would be. Rather, … Read More Here
This announcement has been a super-long time coming. As in, babies have been made in less time. Almost exactly one year ago The Girl and I started looking at expansion space – both for The CupCakery as well as a … Read More Here
Over the weekend I held the ‘Anything on my Recommendations List’ giveaway, which basically meant that as long as I liked the product and it was listed on my Winter 2014-2015 Recommendations Guide – then you could win it. This … Read More Here
Wouldn’t it be cool if you could pick any gadget that’s on my ‘2014 Winter Sports Gadget Recommendations’ list and call it your own? Yup, I agree. And, so does Clever Training. So they’re offering up to one lucky holiday duck … Read More Here
Earlier this week The Girl and I made our sorta-annual trek to pickup a Christmas tree at the nearby market. The first year we returned home via Velib (the bike share system). Last year, we ended up walking it home. … Read More Here
Yesterday I had the chance to go for a brief (and cold) run around the city with the Timex One GPS+ watch. This watch, announced back in August at Outdoor Retailer, contains a 3G chipset within it that enables it … Read More Here
Updated Dec 16th, 2014 12:35PM – TomTom Multisport back on sale for $149, details in Clever Training section. Updated Dec 14th, 2014 1:05PM EST – Added new Garmin FR910XT deals, and new Vivofit deal. Without question one of the most anticipated … Read More Here
After my recent Winter 2014-2015 trainer recommendations post, many of you have been asking about trainer apps. I decided against combining it with the trainer recommendations post in order to give its full due in a standalone post. In retrospect … Read More Here
Update – Dec 12th 2014 – If you registered but did not receive location details, simply use the Contact page and I’ll reply to you with the event details (usually within a few minutes). A few folks mistyped e-mail addresses … Read More Here