16 responses

1. John S.
    September 2, 2014

I believe a set of Lightweight wheels is around $6,000, so what’s another $800 for a pressure and temperature sensor?

2. Tosin
    September 2, 2014

I wonder how much noise the Revbox is going to make.

• Mr Nofish
      September 2, 2014

Yup, I’ve read good things about wind trainers in terms of road feel (better than fluid), but they’re all supposedly so loud they make your ears bleed.

• Ben Copsey
      April 24, 2015

They’re not too bad but the way it works is definitely worth it. I have found the wind created means a much nicer environment in terms of volume of sweat produced.

Hard to explain but because there is no inertia it really shows when you aren’t pedalling in circles. Other trainers claiming road feel hide this behind their inertia.

I certainly know you get bang for buck in terms of time spent on the trainer and when you need really big efforts the resulting load is impressive.

3. Smokin’ Schwalbes
    September 2, 2014

Re tyre pressure sensors, Garmin already do this albeit for motorcycles (link to buy.garmin.com).

4. Gabe
    September 2, 2014

Ray

As a triathlete what aero helmet do you use on your longer half and full ironmans?

I recently purchased a giro attack with the visor because I want to be comfortable with an semi-aero helmet that won’t get too hot like the full aero helmets.

5. Richard Kaufmann
    September 2, 2014

On top of power, speed, cadence, heart rate, and barometric pressure, we’re now concerned about tire pressure and tire temperature?! I’m coming to the realization that my problem isn’t with my dashboard, it’s with my engine (and perhaps ballast tanks).

6. matt
    September 2, 2014

I think if I had a helmet that beeped at me every time I tilted my head too far back or too far forward, I’d run myself into a tree. It feels a bit like the HR zone alarms on my Garmin watch, it beeps at me, and I scream back “I KNOW, I’M WORKING ON IT!” But constant beeping for every head movement, from drinking to stretching to just getting tired…that would make for a very long 112 miles.

7. eli
    September 2, 2014

Other tire pressure sensor: link to kickstarter.com

8. Michael Lüghausen
    September 3, 2014

Did you saw any new ANT+ BLE bridge products at Eurobike?

• Ray Maker
      September 3, 2014

None that I saw.

9. Mike
    September 3, 2014

I went to a seminar a few years back where Allen Lim and Christian VandeVelde were presenting. Allen believed that looking directly at the ground and dropping your head in line with your shoulders was the most aero position for your head and the tail sticking straight up didn’t make much of a difference. I ride as much as I can like that and you can clearly tell the enhanced speed difference. It isn’t safe at all times but you can get a mirror that will display what’s in front of you.

10. Tim
    September 3, 2014

You have no idea how disappointed I am that the LAZER helmet doesn’t come with actual lasers.

11. Craig
    November 5, 2015

Have you had a chance to test out the Revbox, and if so, do you have a review?

• DC Rainmaker
      November 5, 2015

Only little bits here and there. The unit they sent me was damaged in transit, and they never sent a new one.