The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week:
Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week:
Monday: A working weekend in Vegas
Tuesday: Strangely epic race boxes on my front doorstep
Wednesday: The Elusive Non-Gadget Weekly Mailbag–April Edition
Thursday: The Soleus 2.0 GPS Running Watch In Depth Review
Friday: Photo of the week- A summary of my week
On Thursday via Facebook I posed an interesting question on how I should balance the length of reviews of products that don’t quite measure up. Tons of awesome feedback – keep it coming!
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) Simon Whitfield talks about the upcoming Olympics: As well as covering training in New Zealand, and thoughts on a slew of folks that either are or have coached him.
2) How to get sponsored series – Part 1 and Part 2: A really well written series over on the TP blog for athletes looking to get sponsored. One of these days I might write a post aimed at up and coming pro athletes on how to correctly use social media and sponsorships…
3) Tour of Colorado…err…crap…USA Pro Cycling Challenge…err…USA Pro Challenge releases 2012 poster: I’ll give them credit, this poster is actually pretty well done.
4) Off the Map video series from Gear Junkie: A well shot series from Gear Junkie on hiking the Lost Coast Trail. I’ve got a good friend hiking it this summer, cool stuff.
5) Sweet preview into potential 3D computerized cycling program: A developer posted some screenshots of a 3D cycling program he made to Slowtwitch, some pretty stuff. Unclear if/when he plans to take it to market, so throw your thoughts into the ring there.
(Screenshot from that thread above)
6) ’I am Specialized’ video from Paris-Roubaix 2012: I meant to post this last week, but…it didn’t happen. A string of behind the scenes clips all mashed together.
Summer Olympics Ad
Sports Technology Software/Firmware Updates This Week:
I’m going to try something new where I quickly highlight some of the new firmware, app, software and website updates that I see go out, each week. If you’re a sports technology company and release an update – shoot me a quick note (just one liners) and I’ll make mention of it here. Sound good?
iBike Dash Update Released – Just some updates for iOS5.1 and a small firmware update
Runmeter update released for iPhone – This adds a ton of new features, from training plans to device support. Actually fairly impressive. Also, update released for iPad too.
MapMyRun/MapMyRide Updates – These were released last week, but since I didn’t post a roundup last week, I’m including them this week. Like Runmeter, equally impressive lineup of updates:
Want to be part of the Nike+ Running Site Beta team? Well, they’re opening up some slots, so wander on over.
With that – hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for reading!