Heads-up: Huge Sports Tech Sale Underway – 20% Off All Smart Trainers!
There’s a massive sales on smart cycling trainers right now, plus plenty other sports tech. There’s 20% off the Wahoo KICKR, KICKR CORE, CLIMB, Headwind, 20% off the Tacx NEO 2T, Flux 2, and Flux S, 20% off Saris Hammer 3 trainer and Saris MP1 Motion Platform. Plus also 20% off the Elite Direto X and Suito too, even the new Sterzo. Plus even steeper deals including with the Kinetic trainers at 30% off.
I’ve long since wondered what to do with all the random tidbits of things I collect each week – or the little thoughts that don’t quite make for a full post. But I finally came up with a solution: The Week in Review Post. This takes the place of my Weekly Mailbag – which is over on Slowtwitch. These are just quick snippets of things that I’ve found interesting. Nice and easy Saturday reading. Plus, a recap of my Weekly Mailbag post a well.
So with that, let’s get into the action!
Weekly Mailbag Over at Slowtwitch.com: Wander on over to Slowtwitch this week for my latest thoughts on a wide assortment of sports technology items. Here’s this week’s new topics, which you can check out here.
1) Understanding Elapsed Time and Time in sport files 2) Deciding between an iPhone in ANT+ case, and the Edge 800 3) Garmin Futures: Vector Pedals and new version of the FR310XT
Posts this past week: A wide variety of posts this week covering quite a range of stuff. My personal favorite is probably the giveaway post – since I’m doing it differently this time and having y’all tell a funny training story. Tons of hilarious ones in there – definitely check it out! Here’s all the stuff that landed on the page:
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs: Here’s a small smattering of links I found interesting this week:
1) Detroit to Dover – Openwater Swim Blog: What if your normal swim workout consisted of more than 15,000 yards in the pool…plus a cool down? Welcome to the world of Jenny Birmelin and her training for the English Channel swim. Every once in a while I stumble upon blogs of folks training for the channel swim and find myself lost for hours reading their posts. This was no different…
3) Garmin files litigation against Bryton Cycling Computers: I thought this little nugget was interesting. Bryton makes ANT+ cycling computers that provide mapping capabilities on the devices, similar to the Edge 705 and Edge 800. Apparently similar enough that Garmin’s decided to sue. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I do find it ironic that Garmin LTD (officially a Swiss company) is filing in US district court (USA) against sale in Germany.
5) Chase the Chics triathlon!: If there ever were a more brilliant event idea…I don’t know what it would be. In this triathlon just a bit south of DC, the women get a slight head start on the men. Then the men start. First person to the finish (male or female) wins the cash. And yes, it’s really called “Chasing Chics Triathlon”. I want that t-shirt.
6) Top Fitness Apps from the Wall Street Journal: If you have an iPhone, Android or Blackberry phone (or even an iPad), then definitely check out this list of top fitness related apps from the WSJ. Pretty much all the cool apps I’ve used are on the list, so I’d have to assume the rest are equally as cool.
Random thoughts section:
As I mentioned yesterday, this will be a crazy busy weekend – between running the half-marathon on Saturday morning to cake competitions on Saturday daytime, and cupcake competitions Saturday night. Busy busy! And that’s before Sunday!
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details. Oh, and you can sign-up for the newsletter here!
Here’s how to save!
Wanna save some cash and support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10BTF) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
In the UK/EU/Australia/New Zealand? Then hit up Wiggle at the link below!
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!
You probably stumbled upon here looking for a review of a sports gadget. If you’re trying to decide which unit to buy – check out my in-depth reviews section. Some reviews are over 60 pages long when printed out, with hundreds of photos! I aim to leave no stone unturned.
I travel a fair bit, both for work and for fun. Here’s a bunch of random trip reports and daily trip-logs that I’ve put together and posted. I’ve sorted it all by world geography, in an attempt to make it easy to figure out where I’ve been.
The most common question I receive outside of the “what’s the best GPS watch for me” variant, are photography-esq based. So in efforts to combat the amount of emails I need to sort through on a daily basis, I’ve complied this “My Photography Gear” post for your curious minds! It’s a nice break from the day to day sports-tech talk, and I hope you get something out of it!
Many readers stumble into my website in search of information on the latest and greatest sports tech products. But at the end of the day, you might just be wondering “What does Ray use when not testing new products?”. So here is the most up to date list of products I like and fit the bill for me and my training needs best! DC Rainmaker 2019 swim, bike, run, and general gear list. But wait, are you a female and feel like these things might not apply to you? If that’s the case (but certainly not saying my choices aren’t good for women), and you just want to see a different gear junkies “picks”, check out The Girl’s 2018 Gear Guide too.