I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- It's The Girl’s 2015 Swim/Bike/Run Gear I Use List! Complete with her entertaining commentary: http://t.co/IHz7az8dcl http://t.co/22Gy1T7Rws #, 15 hours ago
- @MrJJBowie @thebestpath @mswoowar It is prior, today's interval run will be first with new update. #, 23 hours ago
- @MrJJBowie @thebestpath @mswoowar For riding, HR all over the map, but distance from phone is fine. #, 23 hours ago
- @MrJJBowie @thebestpath @mswoowar Accuracy is mixed (pace/dist w/o phone, w/HR). On smoother runs dist/pace/HR is close. Intervals tough. #, 23 hours ago
- @panosk1 Potentially, though, it's honestly someone low in the priority list. #, May 20
- RT @andymj: There was a fellow who looked just like @dcrainmakerblog at my morning swim, but was only wearing one watch so I figured it couldn’t be him. #, May 20
- RT @killyourfm: Damn! @dcrainmakerblog has the lengthiest, most comprehensive and balanced reviews I've ever read. I'm a fan. #, May 20
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: SRM
Earlier this week a peer reviewed university backed research paper was released that essentially said that Polar power meter pedals shouldn’t be trusted, and that instead, SRM was better: “The power data from the Keo power pedals should be treated … Read More Here
While at Interbike I sat down with the SRM crew that’s working on their updated PC8 head unit. While our discussions started there, they roamed to areas such as the iOS app, rechargeable power meters and the general trends around power … Read More Here
The Massive Eurobike Power Meter News Roundup: Quarq, Stages, SRM, PowerBeat, Ciclo, Verve Infocrank, Xpedo
For some power meter companies here at Eurobike I put together full posts if they had a number of new major products, or if they had some sort of significant news. These included: Garmin: New model, announcement of Cycling Dynamics … Read More Here
Today I got the chance to go hands-on with a very preliminary version of the SRM iPad application that will accompany the new SRM PC8 head units next spring (2014) as part of a simultaneous release. I previously covered the … Read More Here
Updated August 30th, 7:58PM with clarifications/additions from SRM, see note at end for summary of changes. Today SRM unwrapped their PC8 head unit, which is the successor to their existing PC7 head unit that’s on the market today. The PC8 … Read More Here