I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @TheRealStarky: After a bit of a hiatus, the @dcrainmakerblog podcast is back!! http://t.co/HuyrGuxCjU #, 1 min ago
- @JohnQPS122 Not sure...but would have honestly made video epic. #, 9 hours ago
- @GGSIII You can use the Wahoo app. Free = Super Cheap! I use the app all the time for testing. #, 9 hours ago
- @pabboy7 Yup, there will be a trainer guide, likely week of Oct 26th. $800-$1,100 I'd look at KICKR. #, 9 hours ago
- @Cunningham_UK Perfectly functional, but left only. Power2Max has full sided PM at same price. #, Oct 12
- @alemos Yup, that and an Elite trainer in the sub-500 price range. #, Oct 12
- @deero83 Yup, but with a purple line showing you were to go, and alerts for turns and when you miss something. #, Oct 12
It’s been a few months now since Fitbit announced and then subsequently released their Fitbit Charge and Charge HR units. At the same time, they announced the Fitbit Surge GPS (which I’ve already reviewed here). For this post though, we’ll … Read More Here
Today at IFA, the giant consumer-electronics focused show in Berlin, Garmin announced their latest activity monitor, the Vivosmart. This unit builds upon the Vivofit that was released earlier this year with additional features and tighter smartphone integration. I had a … Read More Here
In keeping with the popular trend of adding activity monitoring to devices, back in April Garmin announced their latest running watch – the Forerunner 15 (FR15). This would take their popular FR10 budget-focused GPS running watch and then combine it … Read More Here
Back in January Garmin decided to join the activity tracker fray and announced two related products: Vivofit and Vivoki. Vivofit would be the standard consumer-focused 24x7 activity tracker, while Vivoki would be focused on corporate wellness and primarily targeted at … Read More Here