I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @ismolieke Who said I don't already have it? #, 14 hours ago
- DCR Inflight Entertainment: When someone sits next to you on an airplane, wearing a still unreleased/unannounced watch. #, 17 hours ago
- While the rain made for a wet and windy run, it also cleared out the tourists. Nice and quick… https://t.co/WPqB4K2OhN #, 18 hours ago
- @RollingOvals Looks like average (including climbing) was 14.2MPH: https://t.co/FcQDJU35pd #,
- @AndrewVanA Generally speaking I like it, works well. #,
- @Eclogite_ATX Yup, working on it! Been using one on/off all winter. Now have final prod units. #,
- RT @jverheul: @dcrainmakerblog @SoutheastPCT Turns out you scooped the media, Wilier announced as new title sponsor today. https://t.co/TbTowkheCQ #,
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
As I alluded to last week, the winds of the bike mount world be blowing strong this spring. Not one to be outdone, PowerPod has jumped into the combination GoPro/Garmin mount market for triathlon bikes with their latest product. This … Read More Here
Today WatTeam has announced that they’ll be postponing further shipments of their $499 PowerBeat power meter, while they work out some kinks that the first shipped production units have run into. You’ll remember the journey started about 20 months ago … Read More Here
It’s time to wrap up my Sea Otter 2016 related posts. I spent last week in the States, first in NYC for some meetings, then off to San Francisco, before finally ending in Monterey (California) for the Sea Otter Classic. … Read More Here
Best I could tell, there were six power meter companies at Sea Otter: Garmin, 4iiii, Rotor, SRAM/Quarq, Stages, and Verve. I’ve already covered the new 4iiii product announcements in this post, and Garmin didn’t announce anything at Sea Otter beyond … Read More Here
There was more than one company showing off new Wahoo ELEMNT mounts at Sea Otter, and in the case of K-Edge, they’re already shipping them too. The company had on hand the pile of new mounts, as well as some … Read More Here
Mounts are definitely in full swing here at Sea Otter this year, and Bar Fly is here showing off a bevy of new mounts aimed at offering greater compatibility to more and more head units and accessories. If you look … Read More Here
Today at Sea Otter, 4iiii has announced a slate of new products and outlined their future power meter plans for much of the year. As you’ll remember, the company started shipping their $399 4iiii Precision power meter about a year … Read More Here
SRAM RED eTAP has probably been one of the more closely followed sports tech products in the cycling industry as it worked its way to release. Of course, the vast majority of that multi-year journey was through various media spot … Read More Here
Phew! Ok, it didn’t all really fit in the title – I tried. I used my bestest Twitter-like shorthand skills, but alas, it just looks messy. So much stuff, so little space! So instead, here’s the quick bulleted version: A) … Read More Here