I’ve long since wondered what to do with all the random tidbits of things I collect each week – or the little thoughts that don’t quite make for a full post. But I finally came up with a solution: The Week in Review Post. This takes the place of my Weekly Mailbag – which is over on Slowtwitch. These are just quick snippets of things that I’ve found interesting. Nice and easy Saturday reading. Plus, a recap of my Weekly Mailbag post a well.
So with that, let’s get into the action!
Weekly Mailbag Over at Slowtwitch.com:
Back into the flow of things over to Slowtwitch this week with a good assortment of new topics, check it out.
1) How to get really pretty power graphs on trainers
2) Which GPS unit for skiing?
3) Comparing the Timex Global Trainer or Garmin 310XT for power meters
Posts this past week:
A wide variety of posts this week covering quite a range of stuff. My personal favorite is probably the USAT bike insurance post – definitely check it out! Here’s what landed on the page:
Saturday: Week in Review – Feb 20th, 2011
Monday: A weekend in the sun
Tuesday: A look at USAT’s newly promoted CyclePro bike insurance
Wednesday: A look at the Trek/Bontrager frame integrated Duotrap ANT+ Speed/Cadence Sensor
Thursday: CycleOps Joule and PowerTap Wheelset In Depth Review
Friday: Friday Tidbits – Spring’s gonna be busy for new toys!
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a small smattering of links I found interesting this week:
1) A standard 400m track with a twist…errr…a mountain. Who ever said running around the track had to be flat? Clearly not these folks.
2) Someone with more running technology than me. This is where I draw the line…well…unless I redraw it myself.
3) A frank and funny look at cyclists and shaving. Plus, a few good little tips for those cyclists that do shave.
4) Chrissie Wellington Releases Drug Testing History: Some folks have made a big deal out of this, but to me, this simply fulfills a curiosity. Clearly she wasn’t going to list any failed drug tests (not that she’s had any). As many have noted, all this says is that she’s passed tests…nothing more, nothing less.
5) Tanita Releases Body Fat Analyzer Scale for Kids: I’m for any gadget that can help kids avoid childhood obesity. While weight is always a concern for kids – I think this is a good start.
6) Funny comparison between UCI and Mubarak: If you like comedy like The Daily Show, you’ll enjoy this.
7) ITU Prospect Qualifying Time Budget Idea: Olympian and two time medalist Simon Whitfield puts out a pretty interesting idea for how to attract and get into the system top talent – one that recognizes the balance between skill in all three sports.