May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

This is Wahoo’s new RPM cadence-pod that attaches to the crank-arm, as well as with a new shoe clip to the front of running shoes (for exercise bikes), or some cycling shoes. The key change is the addition of ANT+, so it’s duel ANT+ & Bluetooth Smart. Availability mid-June.

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)
May. 17

Wahoo RPM: Dual ANT+/BLE Version

May 17. 2014QueueComments (39)

1. Gary

Looking forward to this being released. Dual channel is the way forward.

2. Pablo

Can't wait to see the compatibility chart. Starting with my FR405

Unfortunately not compatible with the FR405. You can use this compatibility chart here: link to dcrainmaker.com

It mirrors the Garmin "ANT+ Cadence-only" sensor column, compatibility-wise.

3. scott

Just had it confirmed from Wahoo that this will be available mid/late summer. BT + ANT+!

4. Asyraf

Patiently waiting for this product.

5. Phil

Not so patiently waiting for this product

6. Roger Dennis

got email that ready for shipping, and made my order

• DT replied

Roger,
      Could you tell me from where? Do you have the link? Thanks

7. Roger Dennis

Now up on the wahoo fitness web site

8. roger dennis

received mine, will test today

9. Roger Dennis

Worked very well tied to shoe

10. Rog

Is Wahoo planning on releasing a dual ANT+/BLE that does both cycling speed and cadence? If so, what's the time frame and could it also be used for running? Lastly, would it be compatible with the Fenix 2?

Yes, they plan to release a combo sensor (speed/cadence) that's dual ANT+/BLE, later in the year. No specific date other than this year. And no, it would not be for running in that case. Though, they have said they plan to release dual sensors to replace all their single-protocol sensors today (and they have a footpod today).

11. Lauryn

Has there been any word on a release for this yet? Im trying to find something to track my RPM on the gym spin bike.

Yup, it's been released about a month ago.

• Lauryn replied

Oh great. Any reviews in the works yet? Im an android user so looks like this is my best option thus far? I mainly only use it for spin class, treadmill and some outdoor runs and would like to track the data on my android smartphone. Would this work best with TICKR RUN or Polar Bluetooth H7 HRM? On the Google play reviews for Wahoo it looks like a lot of people were having trouble with the TICKR RUN monitor. Thanks!!

• Lauryn replied

Or maybe the Scosche RHYTHM+?

Review in the works for both the Wahoo RPM2 as well as the TICKR. I really like the Wahoo RPM2, no problems there. For me though, I prefer the Scosche over the TICKR though, mostly because I'm really diggin' the optical sensor these days versus a chest strap.

• Lauryn replied

Awesome thanks!

12. Peter

I just got the wahoo rpm device. However I cannot pair the device to my Samsung S3 phone which should be compatible or my Garmin 800. Any tips?

Are you certain you got the dual version (says ANT+ on back). If so, on the Edge 800 ensure you're trying to pair a cadence-only sensor and not a speed/cadence combo sensor.

On the S3, it would depend on the app specifically that you were using.

13. Nicholas

This is a great site Ray. Congratulations. Is the Wahoo RPM2 shipping in Greece? I checked on wahoo's site and it is not. Any resellers? If this is not an option currently, do we have an estimate of shipping availability?

14. Nate Thompson

I'm hoping they release a stand alone BT4/ANT+ speed sensor to go along with this (similar to Garmin's new system).

15. Any way to find out if trainerroad will support the Wahoo RPM2?

• Gerard replied

According to the Compatible Devices and Sensors page
      link to support.trainerroad.com
      Trainer Road should work with "Any WahooFitness Speed and/or Cadence sensor" but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Ray Maker replied

Hi Gerard-

I chatted with them via e-mail, and they believe it should work. They're going to grab one and test, but, I'd encourage you to open a support ticket if you're having issues (just so it doesn't fall through the cracks).

16. Andrew Bucknill

I have the original rpm and I use it with a spin bike. However, I find it copes badly with cadence over 100rpm. Do you think the rpm2 with shoe clip is any better in that regard? I'd consider upgrading if so.

17. Javier

Hi DC - are Wahoo Tickr and Wahoo RPM compatible with Edge 510 or 810 vía ANT+?
    Of course I can imagine that RPM is fully compatible with Kickr.
    Thanks!

18. Nicholas

Hi Ray, I have a tomtom multisports (communicating on bluetooth) and am considering a transition to a garmin (communicating on ant+) in the next year or so. I do not have a speed/cadence sensor. I am thinking of purchasing the Wahoo RPM2 (communicating on both bluetooth and ant+) so that I can use it with the tomtom and with a future garmin. Is it the only available solution in my case? Any news on when the Wahoo speed&cadence dual-protocol sensor will be coming out? I remember reading in one of your posts that it will be later in 2014. What are the advantages in using the [tomtom/garmin + Wahoo RPM (speed+)cadence sensor] setup, over a dedicated bike-only setup? Is it just a cheaper solution from where I stand (i.e. owning only a gps watch)?

• DC Rainmaker replied

The RPM won't work with the TomTom unfortunately, since it's not considered a Speed/Cadence combo sensor.

I think we'll probably see the dual version of the Blue-SC come in November or so. As for a full solution, it's essentially having devices dedicated versus a phone.

• Nicholas replied

The RPM2 would not work with tomtom, even if they both run the BT protocol? Wow. You just saved me half a day worth of ordering/attempting to make them work/returning the purchase. Thanks. It's amazing how little advice there is on how these devices interconnect in general. I contacted Wahoo a month ago and their response was: link to support.wahoofitness.com

Jonathan V

Jonathan Vejjajiva (Wahoo Fitness Support)

Aug 12 12:12 PM

Hello,

Looking at the description it says it works with Bluetooth Smart sensors, so it should work with Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth sensors. The RPM is Bluetooth 4.0 (smart). We have not tested this to know for certain.

Jonathan

Nicholas

Aug 12 04:38 AM

Hello, would the Wahoo RPM2 work with tomtom multisport?

------------------
      Submitted from: link to eu.wahoofitness.com

• Nicholas replied

So, let me check my assumptions once more: I understand that the Blue SC running both protocols (BT & ant+) coming out sometime in the next few months, should be compatible with tomtom multisports (running BT) because it will be considered by the watch as a Speed/Cadence combo sensor. It should also be compatible with e.g. garmin 910xt. Correct? Any reason why I should just go for an ant+ only speed/cadence sensor to use with the garmin in terms of functionality?

• DC Rainmaker replied

Correct on the first two, and no reason on the last one unless you really need it today.

• Nicholas replied

Thank you Ray.

19. Dave

Hi Ray

Is there any chance that Wahoo are planning a speed version of the RPM2. I'm currently drifting towards the Garmin Magnet-less Sensors but would really like the option of BLE so I can use them with my iPhone5 especially now TrainerRoad have their iOS app nearing release.

Dave

• DC Rainmaker replied

Wahoo will be introducing a combo Speed/Cadence variant, just like the Blue SC, but with dual ANT+/Bluetooth Smart. Said version should start shipping in the next 7-14 days (possibly as early as this week). I'll post about it when it does.