Heads-up: Huge Sports Tech Sale Underway – 20% Off All Smart Trainers!
There’s a massive sales on smart cycling trainers right now, plus plenty other sports tech. There’s 20% off the Wahoo KICKR, KICKR CORE, CLIMB, Headwind, 20% off the Tacx NEO 2T, Flux 2, and Flux S, 20% off Saris Hammer 3 trainer and Saris MP1 Motion Platform. Plus also 20% off the Elite Direto X and Suito too, even the new Sterzo. Plus even steeper deals including with the Kinetic trainers at 30% off.
The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week: Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week:
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs: Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) Cool running/cycling/outdoor iron-on pocket for athletes: Saw this on Kickstarter, and then was contacted by founder ironically enough a few days alter. Unfortunately FedEx missed me and a test sample by about 30 minutes, so I didn’t get it prior to the trip. But the idea really fascinates me, both for carrying phones as well as stuff like credit cards and car rental keys (I hate the non-removable keyrings the companies use now). Kickstarter is awesome, but it does require support – so if you think it’s worthwhile, head on over and help kick-start the project.
4) Article with High Performance Coach Joel Filliol: Joel was over the Canadian National Triathlon Team, then went to work for the Brits, and has recently gone back to Canada to do individual coaching. A really good piece done by Slowtwitch with him.
6) New GPS Satellites closer to launch. These satellites should hopefully improve accuracy and other GPS goodness, and perhaps even help out our favorite New York Times reporting with her running GPS issues.
7) General GPS news awesomeness: If your interested in GPS news of any sort, there’s really only one place that I get my weekly dose of everything GPS. The previous item reminded me that I’ve been meaning to share my secret sauce. His weekly roundup called ‘Waypoints’ is where it’s at.
9) Ironwars now a downloadable book. I wasn’t sure how I felt about this book given some of the controversy surrounding it, primarily from the main subjects of the book feeling they’ve been misrepresented. But, having it available as an e-Book pushed me over the edge, so I downloaded it to my Kindle reader to read on the trip. Will let ya know in a few weeks what I think.
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details. Oh, and you can sign-up for the newsletter here!
Here’s how to save!
Wanna save some cash and support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10BTF) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
In the UK/EU/Australia/New Zealand? Then hit up Wiggle at the link below!
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!
You probably stumbled upon here looking for a review of a sports gadget. If you’re trying to decide which unit to buy – check out my in-depth reviews section. Some reviews are over 60 pages long when printed out, with hundreds of photos! I aim to leave no stone unturned.
I travel a fair bit, both for work and for fun. Here’s a bunch of random trip reports and daily trip-logs that I’ve put together and posted. I’ve sorted it all by world geography, in an attempt to make it easy to figure out where I’ve been.
The most common question I receive outside of the “what’s the best GPS watch for me” variant, are photography-esq based. So in efforts to combat the amount of emails I need to sort through on a daily basis, I’ve complied this “My Photography Gear” post for your curious minds! It’s a nice break from the day to day sports-tech talk, and I hope you get something out of it!
Many readers stumble into my website in search of information on the latest and greatest sports tech products. But at the end of the day, you might just be wondering “What does Ray use when not testing new products?”. So here is the most up to date list of products I like and fit the bill for me and my training needs best! DC Rainmaker 2019 swim, bike, run, and general gear list. But wait, are you a female and feel like these things might not apply to you? If that’s the case (but certainly not saying my choices aren’t good for women), and you just want to see a different gear junkies “picks”, check out The Girl’s 2018 Gear Guide too.