In no particular order – observations of the last week:
- No, my blog is not for sale. While I’m flattered by the offer, it would be kinda awkward to sell this blog and blog name. However, if you present me with enough money (or a big box of cupcakes) – I might reconsider. I think one milllllllioooooon dollars is a fair starting point.
- If you’re travelling for a race via plane and are taking your bike you’ll note that the cost has gone up a wee bit (read: a crapload), with some airlines changing up to $150 EACH WAY! I happened to notice that US Airways offers a free bike shipping certificate with each flight booked when you link from the Ironman site (here) for any Ironman race. [Out of curiosity of course] I happened to click the link while booking a different race. I happened to get a e-certificate in my e-mail a short time later. It’s unclear to me if this is a one-way or two-way certificate. Just sayin’…
- There’s a bill currently circulating around the lovely state of Virginia’s congressional halls that basically makes it illegal to operate a bike on all highways in the state. Before you think we’re just talking a 4-lane massive interstate – keep in mind that many middle of nowhere quiet country roads are also designated highways. Suckage abound. Click here to display your dislike against it in this short newspaper poll on the right side, it takes roughly 1.8 seconds. Of course – sending a note to your congressional peep is probably more effective. There’s more info here.
- I’ve contemplated for a while getting one of those underwater MP3 players. Not so much for right this second, but once my long-Saturday swims startup again and I’m pushing 2 hours continuous (7,000-8,000 yards nonstop) – I could see the value of one. If you have any suggestions on ones you like or if you want me to review one – drop me a message.
- Wednesday or Thursday I’ll be publishing a full review of the CompuTrainer. I’ve had it for more than a year and a half now, and I’ve finally finished up the write-up on it.
Oh, actually – one more note. It’s my Mom’s birthday tomorrow – so Happy Birthday!