Hmm…here’s a list of random things and thoughts from the last few days.
- I’m actually starting to almost enjoy my longer swim sessions. Well, now that I think about it, there are no short swim sessions. The ‘shortest’ session I have on any given weekly schedule is ~4,000 yards. For reasons I can’t explain, 2,000 yards seems longer than 4,000 yards. I don’t understand why. As for the enjoying piece… I think I’m actually enjoying just being separated from the world for the 70 or so minutes. Just me, myself and a big bowl full of water. No cell phone, no stream of e-mail, no work emergencies…just myself. Once I step onto the pool deck, nobody can contact me. Kinda like getting on an airplane.
- This whole taper thing is relatively troubling. Down to just one workout a day now. Way too much spare time on my hands.
- I picked up a Spot GPS Locator device a few days ago to play with and have been trying it out. I’ve already written up a fair chunk of the review, but look for the final (very detailed) version in the next few weeks after I get a chance to play with it some more. Very cool technology that has huge potential.
- I had a BLAST on tonight’s long run. The usual 20-miler was slightly reduced in time from 2hr 30 mins to 2hr’s (Boo Taper!!!) . Except one little change was made. Instead of just being all Z2, tonight it was spliced up. 1hr @ Z2, 40mins @ Z3, then 20mins @ Z4. Woot Baby – Z4 time! I LOVE Z4 time! Nothing more fun than running fast (Woohoo Taper!!!). My long run friend and I knocked out 16.5 miles tonight (in 2 hrs). Unfortunately, he leaves next week for a three year tour in Germany (military). :(
- I got to wear my new running shoes today. My old ones were tired and I kinda lost count on the mileage, I need to go recheck my logs. But I’m sure it was at least 500 miles. Got these ones for my birthday (next generation model of current shoe).
(The orange is a little odd, but I didn’t really have a choice in colors with this model)
- I was going to post the “How to make Fresh Pasta” post today, but decided that two posts in a row titled “How to…” broke some weird rule. So, no pasta for you this week.
- Ironman just added a new Ironman event today – Cozumel.
- Yah! The Olympics start tomorrow! Woohooo!
Ok, randomness complete.