I couldn’t decide what to post. So I posted nothing. Not to say I don’t have plenty to post – because I have many saved/drafted posts (dozens). It came down to posting a ‘How to make fresh pasta’ photographed post that I put together over the weekend, or a rant on Swim Wave starts, or a post about weird ass bikes or a post on how to use CO2. I didn’t ‘feel’ like posting any those, so I just posted nothing – hence the void.
Instead here’s just a bulleted list of random thoughts from the past few days:
- I really enjoy the week before a race, all of the workouts are under an hour and are generally quite a bit of fun. I did an awesome short brick on Tuesday – about 45 minutes on the trainer and then a slightly long 5K run after – all at increasing tempo paces. I’ve got the same thing again later this afternoon/evening.
- My Mom had recommended that in order to keep my toilets all sparkly and shiny I get one of these little round things you drop into the tank on the toilet. Well I did that. When I got it the package was blue – but it said as long as you flushed once per day that there would be ‘no unusual discoloration’. Well, it turns out that means ‘other than blue’. So now I have two completely blue-water toilets. And I tried to remove the little hockey puck like thing, but it just sorta disintegrates and spreads more blueness everywhere. Apparently she meant to get the clear variety. Nonetheless, now half the toilets in my house are like a blue-man festival. Not good. Not stylish.
- …And not conducive to hot chicks. However, that appears to not be an issue given I don’t actually have any around – so it’s sorta a moot point at the moment. I could see this becoming a problem at some point in the future (the no chicks thing, not the blue thing – that’s already a problem). Actually to be fair, as I was commenting to a fellow blogger I go in phases of being perfectly content at not having a relationship to really wishing I had someone to hang out with. It seems to be an inverse relationship to how many hours I train on a given week. Not to say if the right opportunity came along I’d turn it down either – as I’m more than eager. But despite how it may appear on this blog, I’m fairly shy in most first time social situations. Anyway…
- Yes, it’s 3:18AM – and I just finished up work stuff a short while ago. Ugh.
- I get to go back to Seattle in a few weeks for work. That’s great as I haven’t been there in a long-ass time (like 5 months I think). Schedule’s just worked out odd this spring. And I’ll be there on my birthday (not good for friends here, but my parents and brother will be happy out there). I just realized that a few hours ago.
- I think I overanalyze what to post sometimes. Probably because I’ve found I have a fairly diverse audience, but I myself have a lot of semi-random interests. Many folks have blogs that are focused very exclusively on one exact thing (i.e. Movies – which is cool), but mine tends to be covering more my life in general (triathlon, running, food!, travel, misc). So I’m never quite sure how much, how often or of what to post.
- It’s now 3:27AM. I should go to bed.
- Double-ugh – I still have to pack for this weekend. My flight’s later on tonight up to Rhode Island, and I haven’t even packed a single item – let alone that after my workout I have to box up my bike. I hope the new bike fits in the case. Cause that would be really bad if it doesn’t fit and I find out 3 hours before my flight.
Ok, that’s all the random things I have on store for today. I promise a semi-useful post at some point in the next few days.