Stuff I Found Interesting Around The Interwebs:
Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) Apple Expands Fitness+ Workouts: Apple has expanded their platform offerings to include strength workouts for golfers, as well as sound meditations, and new Time to Walk workouts. We tend to see Apple expand Fitness+ offerings around this time of year, and this follows that pattern. Meanwhile, Apple also announced their Vision Pro headset will start shipping February 2nd. It’ll be interesting to see how this integrates with their Fitness+ program at that time.
2) Red Bull Takes Majority Stake in Tour de France Team: Red Bull is taking a 51% majority ownership stake in Bora-Hansgrohe. This might sound odd to me, but Red Bull has been involved in individual endurance sports athletics for many years. Plus, this seems a heck of a lot better than oil companies or state-sponsored sports washing.
3) DJI announces Air 2S Drone C1 Certification: This allows you to retroactively get the Air 2S model updated with a C1 certification, which impacts European users.
4) Garmin releases Forerunner 945 LTE Feature Firmware Update: As previously announced, this update was a bit behind the other FR955/FR965 updates last month, bringing in features like nap support, inline skating, a slate of new team sports, racket sports, and more. Plus some bug fixes.
5) Peloton Begins Tread+ Guardrail Fix Process: After a long recall process, existing owners of the Peloton Tread+ are starting to receive information about the installation of the new block system.
6) Garmin adds automatic triathlon transitions, auto lap undo, and plenty more: In the latest Forerunner series betas, Garmin has added a slate of new features. I’ve been talking to Garmin about the nuances of some of these features, and I’ll be putting these all to the test in the coming days, with much more detailed posts on how they actually work. There’s some surprisingly cool stuff in here beneath the covers. Oh, and Garmin also announced a new Garmin Connect Mobile user interface… Hang tight!
7) Wiggle owes a lot of companies a lot of money, including Haribo: Here’s the complete list of all of the debts owed by Wiggle, including Garmin, Wahoo, and yes, even Haribo.
Thanks for reading!
FOUND THIS POST USEFUL? SUPPORT THE SITE!
Hopefully, you found this post useful. The website is really a labor of love, so please consider becoming a DC RAINMAKER Supporter. This gets you an ad-free experience, and access to our (mostly) bi-monthly behind-the-scenes video series of “Shed Talkin’”.
Otherwise, perhaps consider using the below link if shopping on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but your purchases help support this website a lot. It could simply be buying toilet paper, or this pizza oven we use and love.