I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Another box arrived today. Two things inside. So much in boxing today I just killed the batteries on my small weigh… https://t.co/xwYhrPqYln #, 4 hours ago
- RT @bcamysaysso: Listening to @trainerroad podcast with @dcrainmakerblog I feel like I'm sitting in the staff break room of the smartest bike shop ever. #, 5 hours ago
- @gingerneilnc It's actually surprisingly cool. I played with the app and device (sans-band) last week a bit. Well done. Parental-app only. #, 6 hours ago
- It has arrived: The Power Meters Buyer’s Guide–2016 Edition: Everything and anything about buying power meters:… https://t.co/FTCAfwhNef #, 7 hours ago
- RT @dengaterade: He should win a trial. No jury would believe a Neon could do triple digits! https://t.co/eGRwUBgN6A #, 7 hours ago
- @jeremydigital Everything goes back to companies. It sometimes takes a while, as I usually bundle things together to save on shipping. #, 9 hours ago
- @JesseAld Sadly not. #, 10 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Eurobike
A day or 13 ago, Garmin announced their new Forerunner 35 (FR35) GPS. But with Eurobike in full swing, I put it on the back burner a bit until the dust settled. Now that things have cleared out a bit, … Read More Here
While at Eurobike, the folks behind the PowerPod have made two notable announcements. Readers will remember the PowerPod was announced last Eurobike and started shipping a few months later. It’s become pretty darn popular since then, as a way to … Read More Here
This past week at Eurobike, Stages expanded their product lineup beyond power meters and indoor bikes – now arriving on the bike computer and training site/platform scene. They introduced two new products: The Stages Dash (bike computer) and Stages Link … Read More Here
Update: My In-Depth Review is up! Check it out by clicking here. Today, Garmin released their newest action, the VIRB Ultra 30. This 4K action cam is capable of rivaling the GoPro Hero4 series, as well as the rumored specs … Read More Here
Zwift is somehow already two years old, how time flies! While they only started taking your money last winter, it seems like just yesterday we were seeing the first demos of the platform. Since inception they’ve added a structured workout … Read More Here
This week at Eurobike, Tacx has announced their latest smart trainer, the Tacx Flux. This new trainer sits at the upper edge of the mid-range electronic trainer pricing range at $899USD/€799, but pulls in features historically only seen at higher … Read More Here
It’s been just about a month since the inaugural DCR Live event I did, where I live streamed a Q&A session via Facebook Live. Some 7,000 of you tuned in over the course of the event, and about 12,000 of … Read More Here
There’s always been talk and demonstrations of the ‘connected bike’ at Eurobike. After all, it’s a buzz phrase. You can stick ‘Connected’ or ‘Smart’ in front of anything and it makes your product instantly marketable. Sorta like when people put … Read More Here
Kinetic was at Eurobike showing off both their updated trainer lineup, as well as their plans for trainer software world domination. Let’s get right to it. The New Trainers: First up is their new smart trainers. In many ways these … Read More Here
As usual at Eurobike there are plenty of cases where companies may make itty-bitty product line changes, or simply no announcements at all. So in an effort to round-up the ‘sorta but not really’ announcements category, I give you this … Read More Here
This past week at Eurobike, bike manufacturer Canyon was showing off their new bike computer prototype, which is based upon Android Wear. The unit is simply called the ‘Smart Bike Computer’. The use of Android Wear for a bike computer … Read More Here
BKOOL is here at Eurobike this week and has pushed out a number of updates (both software and hardware), one of which will definitely make (most) existing owners quite happy. As a brief refresher Bkool has historically been one of … Read More Here
An Overview: You know how when you go to the supermarket and can’t decide which ice cream flavor to come home with – only to end up coming home with more than one container of ice cream? That’s kinda like … Read More Here
Today at Eurobike, Stages announced their first foray into offering carbon crank arm options with their power meters pre-installed. You’ll remember that up until today they’ve only offered aluminum cranks. Today’s announcement includes five new carbon models, while also rolling … Read More Here
Today is the day of SRAM & Quarq making official many unofficial and open-secret things. The first I’ll cover is the new Quarq race tracking service – Quarq Race Intelligence system. And then I’ll dive into certain tech aspects of … Read More Here