I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @CaleyFretz: They were oddly evasive. I know it's a tough subject, but I had hoped for more courage. https://t.co/MEZQP6AoVQ #, 12 hours ago
- @giper54 Correct, but they now fall under the 10% points back (it was a Garmin change in May). #, 13 hours ago
- @grifocx @FrankCundiff @TheRealPSIMET @bradsohner @davedtowle They haven't built a real/final one yet (which is why deliver is late Q1 2017) #, 14 hours ago
- @grifocx @FrankCundiff @TheRealPSIMET @bradsohner @davedtowle You can see bumps here on test units: https://t.co/pAnhjnXov0 #, 14 hours ago
- @grifocx @FrankCundiff @TheRealPSIMET @bradsohner @davedtowle No, that's render. Actual units have internal bump on crank arm. I was there. #, 14 hours ago
- @CarltonBale Hmm, looks like it's not resizing the photos on mobile theme, you're seeing blank middle. :( Also, bad news: You didn't win. #, 14 hours ago
- @cutiger82 Secondary one is also where the DCR Cave is at: https://t.co/lKTWzaiBlc #, 14 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
On Monday when I posted that I was heading to Dubai for a few days, a reader suggested I check out the Wednesday night ‘open track’ at the Autodrome. Each week they open the track to just cyclists and runners … Read More Here
After wrapping up work late Thursday evening, I was ready to join The Girl in enjoying the rest of the weekend wandering around Israel and checking out the country. It would of course be a bit of a whirlwind tour, … Read More Here
We landed into Dubai at around 10:30PM Saturday night, after a 7 hour flight to Doha, Qatar, and then another hour flight onwards to Dubai. Customs took a wee bit more time, due to The Girl’s Canadian Citizenship (the UAE … Read More Here
After 6 days in Jordan, I’m now on my next leg of the trip, headed up north to Athens via Istanbul. I lucked out in that this work trip ended up on a holiday weekend, giving me an extra day … Read More Here
Very little in life goes according to plan at 4:30AM. The fact of the matter is that nothing should be happening at 4:30AM, so when you try and apply complex international relations at that hour in the morning…things invariably go … Read More Here
Those who read my blog semi-regularly will know that I’m a huge fan of skiing. I’ve been known to go a bit out of my way (say a few thousand miles) to get some skiing in. So it wouldn’t be … Read More Here