I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Looking for the best 2015 Holiday Deals? Here's the continually updated master sports tech list!
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @MassHaste @Johnwiggy That's the Kailash, the Traverse is $450USD. #, 12 mins ago
- .@Johnwiggy Yup, been testing/running with Suunto Traverse last few weeks. Nice to have slimmed down unit & vibration alerts. Price tricky. #, 16 mins ago
- Another hour, another Cyber Monday deal to be found. This time the $199 Fenix2 on Amazon ($255 w/HRM-RUN strap): https://t.co/pVIUhQdalz #, 19 mins ago
- This week in Paris, I know anytime President Obama is near me. Helicopters are virtually unheard of here in the city otherwise. #, 1 hour ago
- Indeed a solid deal if you have such a treadmill, also added RunKeeper (details for others: https://t.co/vFnxEsiiUt) https://t.co/9T3JLLK6ie #, 1 hour ago
- @RichteaBaker Sorry! Yes, just buried. On my list. #, 2 hours ago
- @MassHaste It has a 30-minute Prime-only period (started at 12:25PM EST), so just opened to all. #, 2 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
After our departure from Botswana we headed back through South Africa where we caught an Air Seychelles redeye flight from Johannesburg to Victoria, on the island of Mahe, within the Seychelles. Because I realize that few probably know where exactly … Read More Here
(Sorry for the delay in posting…the last five days since being in Botswana we were at a location that while promised internet…did not actually have fully functional internet…thus…no posts. Let the posting resume!) When I originally started looking at places … Read More Here
Our last day of the trip, after two weeks and a lot of miles, we were ready to wander on home. But first we had the morning game drive. I wouldn’t call it out, but since we saw the very … Read More Here