I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Descending Alpe d'Huez a more creative route...do you feel lucky? @ Les Petites Sources https://t.co/PU81wF6Y3S #, 1 hour ago
- Not too shabby a start to the morning...me, and 12 devices for test. :) http://t.co/8dO84CDe9w #, 3 hours ago
- I've updated my hotspot arrangement with a USB extender I found in my suitcase. Continuous charging/WiFi for the win! http://t.co/l4cHlqtQXc #, 12 hours ago
- @hiepje94 Hero4 Silver is out today...the VIRB X/XE is still pending. #, 12 hours ago
- @mattsolar It's close, but still fidgety. See this post: http://t.co/mEztMgCLnC #, 12 hours ago
- @GertKracht Just a 3G/4G/LTE hotspot. Mostly getting LTE when it's in the right spot. #, 12 hours ago
- @edsancha Yup, still DCR discount available - but you just need to use the VIP program instead. Super quick: http://t.co/5rZ6K3H8Ea Thanks! #, 12 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.