I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Looking for the best 2015 Holiday Deals? Here's the continually updated master sports tech list!
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Cyber Monday FYI: Garmin Epix now $110+ off, added to deals list here: https://t.co/vFnxEsiiUt #, 1 hour ago
- RT @CaleyFretz: Friend sent me this. Good guidance for PR folks, who now outnumber journos by approximately 1 million/1. https://t.co/jxa74ciYu9 #, 1 hour ago
- The presidential arrivals for the #COP21 kicked off in city today . Plenty of motorcades seen, and now at 1AM plenty of helicopters buzzing. #, 17 hours ago
- Week in Review! From two new power meters shipping this week (+ one delayed), to taking good bike pics, and more! https://t.co/nbClFvXCoU #, 17 hours ago
- @Waddington_R You can simply revoke from apps section on either GC or Strava. #, 18 hours ago
- RT @Fabri_Tomas: @dcrainmakerblog #firenzemarathon staff: Ray's blog followers anyone? https://t.co/WwBTtSuXQw #, 23 hours ago
- @bingshen Funny, just noticed that today as well. Was trying to update the image, but currently having a tech issue, being sorted out. :\ #, Nov 29
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Washington DC
There’s some smart nuggets amongst ya’ll yesterday in the guessing game around details about the picture I posted. You can read all the guesses here. And here’s the original the picture: Some of you picked up on two key items … Read More Here
As many of you know, over the past few years I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time up on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, which…is part of the National Park System. Not only is it probably the best cycling … Read More Here
It seemed like a good idea yesterday. It did not seem like a good idea at mile 1. But first…let’s rewind to last year. Last December DC runner/blogger Peter was taunting me to show up at the monthly Tidal Basin … Read More Here
The first order of business in any triathlon is packet pickup, which I accomplished the day before downtown at the Hyatt. It as pretty cool seeing a number of the pro’s hanging out in the lobby, preparing for their race … Read More Here
I’ve heard about this for months and even had some e-mails with the ITU folks about it – and as of today, it’s FINALLY announced – The US Dextro Energy Triathlon. As many of you already know, there’s an ITU … Read More Here