I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- .@tai_fung @Dr_Gena Your 'buttons fell off' your Garmin comments reminds me of one of my favorite YouTube clips: https://t.co/wJt8wAIdF9 #, 16 hours ago
- @TheMastroJoe I'd say that if they truly had long term benefits, every pro athlete would use them... Instead, only sponsored ones. #, 16 hours ago
- @BillKingston Link #1 ;) #, May 24
- Week in Review: From a truck harrasing a cyclist that then turns out to be a cop, to big rebates on Garmin Vector: http://t.co/0QvH5ZQBdE #, May 24
- @alessusnik Nope, currently working through it. #, May 24
- @joecoolls Generally. #, May 23
- @aharville Not sure. Typical release cycle is 2yrs, which would aim for fall. Though FR225 upset that apple cart. #, May 23
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Wahoo TICKR
Wahoo Fitness has announced their first major addition to the TICKR X heart rate strap, which brings with it a gym workout functionality mode that automatically recognizes a slew of different strength workout routines. This new functionality allows you to … Read More Here
Earlier this week, Wahoo Fitness quietly began shipping the TICKR X heart rate strap that they showed off back in January at CES. The TICKR X completes the lineup of TICKR straps that include the regular TICKR, TICKR RUN, and … Read More Here
There’s a lot of new tech this year on the floor of Eurobike, more so than I’ve seen in years past. On Thursday alone I spent 12 hours in meetings with these companies. And that didn’t even touch all the coolness … Read More Here
Today, Wahoo Fitness announced three new products for the fitness market, and in doing so, started what they describe as a new push towards cross-platform support. The three products are all heart-rate strap based, but with different (cumulative) features and … Read More Here