I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @APrupas @jmerda75 Try calling Garmin US number. Usually pretty friendly. #, 10 hours ago
- @jamesward01 Haven't seen any firmware updates yet. #, 10 hours ago
- Stryd announces new running power meter model. Here's a hands-on deep dive at how it works: https://t.co/CGfXdLnDLV https://t.co/QEyq8PKgZw #, 20 hours ago
- RT @liversedge: We do this as an alternative to yellow lorry/red lorry. Guess how many we will see and nearest wins (then multiples) https://t.co/HLtXQOabW6 #,
- RT @LaurenGoode: Tip for PR folks: Sending me an email w/ the subject "Tip for you" and then pitching a new kickstarter project is not a tip #,
- @hmbark I'd be in a huge pile of crap. Already not thrilled at my last lighting purchase: The decibel stoplight. #,
- @Joffey @farnd0g You don't need the most expensive unit. Rather, just one with a Baro altimeter. Older Edge 500 has it for 1/3rd the price. #,
Tag Archives: Triathlon
The first order of business in any triathlon is packet pickup, which I accomplished the day before downtown at the Hyatt. It as pretty cool seeing a number of the pro’s hanging out in the lobby, preparing for their race … Read More Here
While I have many posts on how to get the most from your Garmin Forerunner, it was pointed out to me recently that I don’t actually have any posts on how best to race with it. So this one will … Read More Here
Some races you just have a good feeling about, while others you don’t. Back a few weeks ago I had a ‘less than ideal’ feeling about the National Half-Marathon. But this past week, I was feeling pretty good going into … Read More Here
I have arrived. Well, to the Tampa airport anyway…just waiting for my bike case to roll off the ‘oversized’ luggage area. But that should happen relatively soon. I had forgotten how much more ‘fun’ it is to pack for an … Read More Here
I’ve heard about this for months and even had some e-mails with the ITU folks about it – and as of today, it’s FINALLY announced – The US Dextro Energy Triathlon. As many of you already know, there’s an ITU … Read More Here
I was chatting with the coach the other day and noted that one of my goals for 2009 is to really improve on my run off the bike. I can run quite well independent of a triathlon, but my runs … Read More Here
Details later on…off to the pool (not to swim, just to enjoy the 95* day). Retweet Like Google +1