I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- GoPro introduces tiny little Hero4 Session action cam, my initial thoughts: http://t.co/wD0JWnArF7 http://t.co/0yMlrHCqje #, 8 hours ago
- @Fat_Ironman Go Wahoo. Check out the new KICKR SNAP I posted about lsat week. #, Jul 5
- @Fat_Ironman It will work with TR with Garmin stick. #, Jul 5
- Pretty sweet day to race the Paris Triathlon! And, came away with a nice 2:11 time. I'll take it! @… https://t.co/R0YjbTsn0R #, Jul 5
- Not too shabby a view for transition area (T2). The Paris Triathlon, point to point course, tomorrow morning. http://t.co/TY403jTDsX #, Jul 4
- @strydrunning @loobola Great, looking forward to it! #, Jul 3
- @binho_pires Yup, definitely does! #, Jul 3
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Training Peaks
Today, Training Peaks has announced and enabled the ability for your Garmin workouts to automatically appear in Training Peaks within about 10-seconds of you completing the workout. This means that for any Bluetooth/WiFi enabled Garmin devices, you’ll be able to … Read More Here
The Timex Cycle Trainer is Timex’s first foray into an ANT+ enabled and fully downloadable dedicated GPS cycling computer. It also represents Timex’s third integrated and downloadable GPS product into the endurance sports market, following the Timex Run Trainer and … Read More Here
DC Rainmaker Review Updates: Got two items of note today for you. First, the most important one (ok, that’s probably debatable). Over the past week I’ve been slowly chipping away at adding in a bunch of updates to the FR910XT … Read More Here
Thursday evening while half-awake after a long day of travelling and workouts, I was catching up on a June episode of Mythbusters that I hadn’t seen yet. And what do I spy? The Timex Global Trainer. Well, actually, the Timex … Read More Here
The next few weeks are going to be rather busy in the sports technology world (remember my 2011 predictions?). There’s a ton of companies either announcing new products, major changes to existing products, or new services. While both these companies … Read More Here
I’ll admit it upfront – I’m really lucky. Or rather, I’m really lucky to have a coach who’s so incredibly detail oriented that he’s thrilled to pour through whatever I upload – be it data files, text commentary, or photos … Read More Here
Just in case some of you missed it (well, everyone but Bill)…I was featured on the front page of the Training Peaks website two weeks ago as part of their member profile series. The front page was then linked to … Read More Here