I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Looking for the best 2015 Holiday Deals? Here's the continually updated master sports tech list!
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @hlved (So big ring in front, little in back). #, 7 hours ago
- @hlved In general or any trainer, you want a higher wheel speed when in erg mode. #, 7 hours ago
- @grahamrose Indeed, keeping an eye on it and will purchase a unit. #, 8 hours ago
- @TomMackay42 I had hoped this week, but likely early next week. Working through a few more runs with recent firmware on it. #, 8 hours ago
- Totally Random: Hear singing/guitar from behind DCR Cave walls, investigate tunnels. Meet @Paerish Great music! https://t.co/woth1zuMZb #, 9 hours ago
- RT @TriathleteMag: @SchwarzAdam @dcrainmakerblog He's the best in the biz and will be writing for our Buyer's Guide again! #, 10 hours ago
- @pstriathlon So what you're telling me is you listened...Boom! One more set of ears. @_Dark_Mark @TRS_tri #, 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: Trainers
Today Wahoo has launched their latest trainer, the Wahoo KICKR SNAP. The KICKR SNAP is essentially a lower-cost version of the original (and enormously popular) Wahoo KICKR, with a few minor tweaks. For those familiar with the wheel-less KICKR, those … Read More Here
This past weekend I got a hands-on walk through of a host of new Mio features that are planned to be released as part of a firmware update for their existing units on the market. Different units get different features, … Read More Here
A number of months ago there was some initial hype around an individual (Keith Wakeham) that’s building a power meter and documenting the progress in weekly blog posts (though lately more frequent). The current prototypes of his power meter are … Read More Here