I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Heads up for US folk: A bit of a deal happening with the PowerTap P1's for 20% off. Added to my May deals list here: https://t.co/HKbgSaxhNq #, 2 hours ago
- @jbarrpartarr Mostly true. #, 4 hours ago
- @gray_um Not sure why slightly raised cross-walk paint is so slick here. But have slipped numerous times on rides. Weird. #, 12 hours ago
- @gray_um Cornering can be tricky with wet roads. Even mere crosswalk paint is nasty on a turn. #, 12 hours ago
- Still, plenty of crashes on the wet course. Such as this one just ahead of me. https://t.co/zCbDYF2PQD #, 12 hours ago
- Swim, bike, run...and done. Despite the Seattle-like weather, kept it together nicely. https://t.co/b1UxkJUa5Z #, 12 hours ago
- @mehermurshed Yes it's out (been about 2-3 weeks now). I dive into all the comparison details in my post: https://t.co/Fs6ng8YAU6 #, 13 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: TomTom Runner
July 1st is apparently the popular day to announce new things within the sports technology world. Here’s a super-quick rundown of all the happenings of today: New Misfit Shine Variant + T-Shirt holder Just in time for the product review … Read More Here
Today TomTom has announced two new versions of their TomTom GPS watches. These new additions add in optical heart rate monitoring straight into the back of both the TomTom Runner and Multisport GPS watches. The new line – called the … Read More Here
Today, TomTom released their phone app for uploading workouts wirelessly from the TomTom Runner and Multisport units to your phone. The intention to release such functionality had been announced back in December, though without a specific timeframe attached to it. … Read More Here
TomTom announced their first athletic GPS units back in April, but it’s as of today that you can finally buy them (well, at least the Runner edition). These two units were produced solely by TomTom (previously they had a partnership … Read More Here