I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @jonny_smash I think ignore wanted maps, or potentially (depending on answer) trainer control. #, 3 hours ago
- Definitely a jam packed day around the DCR Cave. New arrival from yesterday... http://t.co/ejnQJEWkQU #, 13 hours ago
- @tfitchw Averaged about 1,000 concurrent people reading it all day long. ;) #, 15 hours ago
- @davecochrane Yes, higher pixel levels than Edge 510. But not substantially different than 800/810 imho. #, 15 hours ago
- @iwlitb Yup, I'd count it as released. I don't have one right now, not sure on the timelines to get one though. #, 15 hours ago
- RT @jeffrey_bradley: .@dcrainmakerblog using your guide to training in Paris. Thought swimming section was hyperbole, was not. Felt like; http://t.co/YmxiUINw03 #, 15 hours ago
- Strava and Garmin introduce on-device Live Segments for Edge series! Here's a deep-dive on how it works: http://t.co/WCFRhhSvmP #, Jul 1
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Timex Road Trainer
The Timex Cycle Trainer is Timex’s first foray into an ANT+ enabled and fully downloadable dedicated GPS cycling computer. It also represents Timex’s third integrated and downloadable GPS product into the endurance sports market, following the Timex Run Trainer and … Read More Here
From Friday evening until Sunday evening, virtually every hour of my weekend was accounted for down to the minute. It isn’t until now that I’ve had a chance to really sit down and do anything. It started with a redeye … Read More Here
This morning Timex announced their latest ANT+ enabled GPS cycling device – the Road Trainer GPS/Road Trainer 3 (the exact name is being finalized). The RT3 is a full featured GPS based cycling computer that can track your ride track, … Read More Here